251. Percentage saturation of a vapor bearing gas is always _____________ the relative saturation?
A. Higher than
B. Smaller than
C. Equal to
D. Either A. or B.; depends on the system
252. The temperature at which the second Virial co-efficient of a real gas is zero is called the_____________________?
A. Eutectic point
B. Boyle temperature
C. Boiling point
D. Critical temperature
253. Atoms of the same element, but of different masses are called__________________
D. None of these
254. The latent heat of vaporisation__________________?
A. Decreases with increased temperature
B. Decreases as pressure increases
C. Becomes zero at the critical point
D. All A., B. & C.
255. Atomic ______________ of an element is a whole number?
256. A very dilute solution is prepared by dissolving ‘x1’ mole of solute in ‘x2’ mole of a solvent. The mole fraction of solute is approximately equal to_________________?
C. 1 – (x1/x2)
257. Vapor pressure of water at 100°C is about _______________ bar?
258. With increase in temperature, the surface tension of water _____________________?
C. Remain constant
D. Increases linearly
259. An ideal gas can be liquefied, because ___________________?
A. Its molecular size is very small
B. Its critical temperature is more than 0°C
C. Forces operative between its molecules are negligible
D. It gets solidified directly without becoming liquid
260. What fraction of the total pressure is exerted by oxygen, if equal weights of oxygen and methane are mixed in an empty vessel at 25°C ?
D. 1/3 × (298/273)
IF YOU THINK ANY OF THE MCQ ABOVE IS WRONG.
PLEASE COMMENT WITH CORRECT ANSWER AND ITS DETAIL EXPLANATION IN COMMENT BOX.