As Academictask believes that practice is the most essential way to success so do visit www.academictask.com regularly and Brush up these Civil Engineering MCQs regularly to prepare for competitive & entrance exams like NTS, FPSC, ETEA, PPSC, KPPSC, etc. Prepare yourself for government job exams, interviews, and make your career in civil engineering. Aspiring students and professionals can learn and practice our Civil Engineering Questions and Answers. Here you will find questions & answers with detailed explanations so that one can understand them easily. Civil Engineering solved MCQs cover the topic like Basic Civil Engineering, Building Materials, Surveying, Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering, Applied Mechanics, Hydraulics, Waste Water Engineering, RCC Structures Design, Irrigation, Railways, Construction Management, Theory of Structures, Estimating and Costing, Docks and Harbours, Elements of Remote Sensing, Building Construction, Concrete Technology, Advanced Surveying, Strength of Materials, Water Resources Engineering, Water Supply Engineering, Steel Structure Design, Highway Engineering, Airport Engineering, Structural Design Specifications, Tunnelling, etc. Also, check basic Electrical engineering MCQs here.
81. The normal consistency of ordinary Portland cement is about________________?
82. Gypsum consists of______________?
A. H2S and C02
B. CaS04 and H20
C. Lime and H20
D. C02 and calcium
83. For testing compressive and tensile strength of cement, the cement mortar is made by mixing cement and standard sand in the proportions of___________________?
84. Which of the following cement is suitable for use in massive concrete structures such as large dams?
A. ordinary Portland cement
B. low heat cement
C. rapid hardening cement
D. sulphate resisting cement
85. The maximum quantity of calcium chloride used as an accelerator in cement in percentage by weight of cement is_______________?
86. The most common admixture which is used to accelerate the initial set of concrete is______________?
B. calcium chloride
C. calcium carbonate
D. none of the above
87. With increase in moisture content, the bulking of sand_______________?
C. first increases to a certain maximum value and then decreases
D. first decreases to a certain minimum value and then increases
88. Addition of pozzolana to ordinary Portland cement increases__________________?
D. heat of hydration
89. The slump recommended for mass concrete is about_______________?
A. 25 mm to 50 mm
B. 50 mm to 100 mm
C. 100 mm to 125 mm
D. 125 mm to 150 mm
90. After storage, the strength of cement________________?
C. remains the same
D. may increase or decrease