481. The slope correction for a length of 30 m along a gradient of 1 in 20, is
A. 3.75 cm
B. 0.375 cm
C. 37.5 cm
D. 2.75 cm.
482. Correct distance obtained by an erroneous chain is : Erroneous chain length
A. Correct chain length x Observed distance
B. Correct chain length Erroneous chain length x Observed distance Correct chain length
C. Observed distance x Erroneous chain length f these.
D.m chain diverges through a perpendicular dis-its correct alignment, the error in length
483. If the length of a chain line along a slope of 00 is 1, the required slope correction is
A. 21 cos.` 0/2
B. 21 sin2 0/2
C. 1 tan2 0/2
D. 1 cos2 0/2.
484. Correction per chain length of 100 links along a slope of a radians, is
A. 100 a2
B. 100 a
C. 100 a3
D. 100 cc-1.
485. If the equatorial distance between two meridians is 100 km, their distance at 600 latitude will be
A. 1000 km
B. 800 km
C. 600 km
D. 500 km
486. Pick up the incorrect statement from the following. In a spherical triangle
A. every angle is less than two right angles
B. sum of the three angles is equal to two right angles
C. sum of the three angles less than six right angles and greater than two right angles
D. if the sum of any two sides is 71, the sum Of the angles opposite them is also n
487. According to Napier’s Rules of circular parts for a right angled triangle, sine of middle part equals the product of
A. tangents of two adjacent parts
B. sines of two adjacent parts
C. cosines of two adjacent parts
D. both (a) and (b) above.
488. In a spherical triangleABC, right angled at C, sin b equals
A. sin a cos A
B. cos a sin A
C. tan a cot A
D. cot A tan a
489. In a spherical triangle ABC right angled at C, sin b equals to
A. sin c sin B
B. cos c cos B
C. tan c tan B
D. sin c cos B
490. If S is the sum of three angles of a spherical triangle, the spherical excess equals
A. S – 90?
B.S – 180?
C. S – 270?
D. S – 360?.
IF YOU THINK ANY OF THE MCQ ABOVE IS WRONG.
PLEASE COMMENT WITH CORRECT ANSWER AND ITS DETAIL EXPLANATION IN COMMENT BOX.