791. Magnetic bearing of a survey line at any place
A. remains constant
B. changes systematically
C. varies differently in different months of the year
D. is always greater than true bearing.
792. Prismatic compass is considered more accurate than a surveyor’s compass, because
A. it is provided with a better magnetic needle
B. it is provided with a sliding glass in the object vane
C. its graduations are in whole circle bearings
D. it is provided with a prism to facilitate reading of its graduated circle
793. If whole circle bearing of a line is 1200, its reduced bearing is
A. S 20? E
B. S 60? E
C. N 120? E
D.N 60? E.
794. The reduced bearing of a line is N 87? W. Its whole circle bearing is
795. The magnetic meridian at any point, is the direction indicated by a freely suspended
A. magnetic needle
B. and properly balanced magnetic needle
C. properly balanced and uninfluenced by local attractive force
D. magnetic needle over an iron pivot.
796. The horizontal angle between true meridian and magnetic meridian, is known
B. magnetic declination
797. Imaginary line passing through points having equal magnetic declination is termed as
B. agonic line
C. isoclinic line
D. none of these.
798. The Polaris describes a small circle round the pole whose radius is approximately
799. If the altitudes of a star at its upper and lower transits are 60? 30′ and 19? 30′ respectively, the latitude of the place, is
800. The latitude of a place was obtained by subtracting the zenith distance of a star from its declination, the observed star was between
A. horizon and equator
B. equator and zenith
C. zenith and pole
D. pole and horizon.
IF YOU THINK ANY OF THE MCQ ABOVE IS WRONG.
PLEASE COMMENT WITH CORRECT ANSWER AND ITS DETAIL EXPLANATION IN COMMENT BOX.