371. The function of an expansion joint in rigid pavements is to______________?
A. relieve warping stresses
B. relieve shrinkage stresses
C. resist stresses due to expansion
D. allow free expansion
372. The maximum spacing of contraction joints in rigid pavements is_____________?
A. 2.5 m
B. 3.5 m
C. 4.5 m
373. The critical combination of stresses for corner region in cement concrete roads is____________?
A. load stress + warping stress frictional stress
B. load stress + warping stress + frictional stress
C. load stress + warping stress
D. load stress + frictional stress
374. If the group index value of subgrade is between 5 and 9, then the subgrade is treated as_____________?
D. very poor
375. The maximum thickness of expansion joint in rigid pavements is______________?
B. 25 mm
C. 50 mm
D. 100 mm
376. The fundamental factor in the selection of pavement type is_____________?
A. climatic condition
B. type and intensity of traffic
C. subgrade soil and drainage conditions
D. availability of funds for the construction project
377. Maximum daily traffic capacity of bituminous pavements is______________?
A. 500 tonnes per day
B. 1000 tonnes per day
C. 1500 tonnes per day
D. 2000 tonnes per day
378. The aggregates required for one kilometer length of water bound macadam road per meter width and for 10 mm thickness is________________?
A. 8 cubic meter
B. 10 cubic meter
C. 12 cubic meter
D. 15 cubic meter
379. The binder normally used in flexible pavement construction is________________?
D. none of the above
380. For the construction of water bound macadam roads, the correct sequence of operations after spreading coarse aggregates is________________?
A. dry rolling, wet rolling, application of screening and application of filler
B. dry rolling, application of filler, wet rolling and application of screening
C. dry rolling, application of screening, wet rolling and application of filler
D. dry rolling, application of screening, application of filler and wet rolling
IF YOU THINK ANY OF THE MCQ ABOVE IS WRONG.
PLEASE COMMENT WITH CORRECT ANSWER AND ITS DETAIL EXPLANATION IN COMMENT BOX.