As Academictask believes that practice is the most essential way to success so do visit www.academictask.com regularly and Brush up these Civil Engineering MCQs regularly to prepare for competitive & entrance exams like NTS, FPSC, ETEA, PPSC, KPPSC, etc. Prepare yourself for government job exams, interviews, and make your career in civil engineering. Aspiring students and professionals can learn and practice our Civil Engineering Questions and Answers. Here you will find questions & answers with detailed explanations so that one can understand them easily. Civil Engineering solved MCQs cover the topic like Basic Civil Engineering, Building Materials, Surveying, Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering, Applied Mechanics, Hydraulics, Waste Water Engineering, RCC Structures Design, Irrigation, Railways, Construction Management, Theory of Structures, Estimating and Costing, Docks and Harbours, Elements of Remote Sensing, Building Construction, Concrete Technology, Advanced Surveying, Strength of Materials, Water Resources Engineering, Water Supply Engineering, Steel Structure Design, Highway Engineering, Airport Engineering, Structural Design Specifications, Tunnelling, etc. Also, check basic Electrical engineering MCQs here.
91. The basic purpose of a retarder in concrete is_____________?
A. to increase the initial setting time of cement paste in concrete
B. to decrease the initial setting time of cement paste in concrete
C. to render the concrete more watertight
D. to improve the workability of concrete mix
92. Which of the following is the purest form of iron?
A. cast iron
B. wrought iron
C. mild steel
D. high carbon steel
93. Assertion A: Normally turpentine oil is recommended as thinner for indoor painting. Reason R: Turpentine oil is costlier than other thinners. Select your answer according to the coding system given below?
A. Both A and R are true and R is the correct explanation of A
B. Both A and R are true but R is not the correct explanation of A
C. A is true but R is false
D. A is false but R is true
94. The amount of water used for one kg of distemper is_____________?
A. 0.2 liter
B. 0.4 liter
C. 0.6 liter
D. 0.8 liter
95. The most commonly used retarder in cement is_________________?
B. calcium chloride
C. calcium carbonate
D. none of the above
96. In brick masonry the bond produced by laying alternate headers and stretchers in each course is known as_______________?
A. English bond
B. double flemish bond
C. zigzag bond
D. single flemish bond
97. Which of the following gradients exerts maximum influence on properties of steel?
98. Three basic raw materials which are needed in large quantities for production of steel are_______________?
A. iron ore, coal and sulphur
B. iron ore, carbon and sulphur
C. iron ore, coal and limestone
D. iron ore, carbon and limestone
99. Which of the following cement contains a maximum percentage of dicalcium silicate?
A. ordinary Portland cement
B. low heat cement
C. rapid hardening cement
D. sulphate resisting cement
100. The ultimate tensile strength of structural mild steel is about_________________?
C. 420 N/mm2
D. 520 N/mm2