461. The term frog means
A. an apparatus to lift the stone
B. a depression on a face of brick
C. vertical joint in a brick work
D. soaking brick in water.
462. The frog of a brick is normally made on its
A. top face
B. bottom face
C. longer face
D. shorter side.
463. The size of mould for bricks, is generally kept
A. a little large to specified size
B. a little small to specified size
C. equal to specified size
D. 10% larger than specified size
464. The curvature of the earth’s surface, is taken into account only if the extent of survey is more than
A. 100 sq km
B. 160 sq km
C. 200 sq km
D. 260 sq km.
465. The difference in the lengths of an arc and its subtended chord on the earth surface for a distance of 18.2 km, is only
A. 1 cm
B. 5 cm
C. 10 cm
D. 100 cm.
466. In geodetic surveys higher accuracy is achieved, if
A. curvature of the earth surface is ignored
B. curvature of the earth surface is taken into account
C. angles between the curved lines are treated as plane angles
D. none of these.
467. Hydrographic surveys deal with the mapping of
A. large water bodies
B. heavenly bodies
C. mountaineous region
D. canal system
468. Surveys which are carried out to depict mountains, rivers, water bodies, wooded areas and other cultural details, are known as
A. cadastral surveys
B. city surveys
C. topographical surveys
D. guide map surveys
469. Surveys which are carried out to provide a national grid of control for preparation of accurate maps of large areas, are known
A. plane surveys
B. geodetic surveys
C. geographical surveys
D. topographical surveys.
470. The main principle of surveying is to work
A. from part to the whole
B. from whole to the part
C. from higher level to the lower level
D. from lower level to higher level.
IF YOU THINK ANY OF THE MCQ ABOVE IS WRONG.
PLEASE COMMENT WITH CORRECT ANSWER AND ITS DETAIL EXPLANATION IN COMMENT BOX.