As Academictask believes that practice is the most essential way to success so do visit www.academictask.com regularly and Brush up these Civil Engineering MCQs regularly to prepare for competitive & entrance exams like NTS, FPSC, ETEA, PPSC, KPPSC, etc. Prepare yourself for government job exams, interviews, and make your career in civil engineering. Aspiring students and professionals can learn and practice our Civil Engineering Questions and Answers. Here you will find questions & answers with detailed explanations so that one can understand them easily. Civil Engineering solved MCQs cover the topic like Basic Civil Engineering, Building Materials, Surveying, Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering, Applied Mechanics, Hydraulics, Waste Water Engineering, RCC Structures Design, Irrigation, Railways, Construction Management, Theory of Structures, Estimating and Costing, Docks and Harbours, Elements of Remote Sensing, Building Construction, Concrete Technology, Advanced Surveying, Strength of Materials, Water Resources Engineering, Water Supply Engineering, Steel Structure Design, Highway Engineering, Airport Engineering, Structural Design Specifications, Tunnelling, etc. Also, check basic Electrical engineering MCQs here.
31. Plywood is made by bonding together thin layers of wood in such a way that the angle between grains of any layer to grains of adjacent layers is_________________?
32. The trunk of tree left after cutting all the branches is known as_______________?
33. The practical limit of moisture content achieved in air drying of timber is________________?
34. Crushing strength of a first class brick should not be less than_____________?
35. A first class brick when immersed in cold water for 24 hours should not absorb water more than______________?
A. 3.5 N/mm2
B. 7.0 N/mm2
C. 10.5 N/mm2
D. 14.0 N/mm2
36. The age of a tree can be known by examining_________________?
A. cambium layer
B. annular rings
C. medullary rays
D. heart wood
37. Plywood has the advantage of_____________?
A. greater tensile strength in longer direction
B. greater tensile strength in shorter direction
C. same tensile strength in all directions
D. none of the above
38. The plywood______________?
A. has good strength along the panel only
B. can be spilt in the plane of the panel
C. has greater impact resistance to blows than ordinary wood
D. cannot be bent more easily than ordinary wood of same thickness
39. First class timber has an average life of_____________?
A. less than one year
B. 1 to 5 years
C. 5 to 10 years
D. more than 10 years
40. The main function of alumina in brick earth is_______________?
A. to impart plasticity
B. to make the brick durable
C. to prevent shrinkage
D. to make the brick impermeable