661. Which of the following type of sea walls results in greatest protection of shore structures?
A. vertical sea wall
B. sea wall with batter
C. stepped sea wall
D. sea wall with concave face
662. Which of the following is a fixed type mooring accessory ?
663. Which of the following structures are constructed parallel to shore line to develop a demarcating line between land area and water area ?
A. sea walls, bulk heads and groynes
B. sea walls, bulk heads and revetments
C. sea walls, revetments and groynes
D. bulk heads, revetments and groynes
664. Assertion A : Large size stones are required in stone revetment in shore protection. Reason R : Resistance of stone to wave force is proportional to its volume and wave force is proportional to the exposed area of the stone?
A. Both A and R are true and R is the correct explanation of A
B. Both A and R are true but R is not a correct explanation of A
C. A is true but R is false
D. A is false but R is true
665. Which of the following structures protects the shore by trapping of littoral drift?
B. sea walls
666. Which of the following conditions of loading imposes the greatest load on the foundation in case of dry docks?
A. when the dock is empty
B. when the dock is empty with the ship of maximum tonnage
C. when the dock is full of water
D. when the dock is dry and is under construction
667. The commonly used thinner in oil paints, is
C. both (a) and (b)
D. neither (a) nor (b)
668. Spirit varnish generally consists of
A. oil, wax and resin
B. alcohol, wax and turpentine
C. pigment and synthetic resin
D. spirit and shellac
669. Oil varnish generally consists of
A. synthetic resin and spirit
B. oil, wax and resin
C. resin, oil and turpentine
D. spirit, oil and wax.
670. Bitumen paints offer
A. pleasing surface
B. hard surface
C. smooth surface
D. protective surface
IF YOU THINK ANY OF THE MCQ ABOVE IS WRONG.
PLEASE COMMENT WITH CORRECT ANSWER AND ITS DETAIL EXPLANATION IN COMMENT BOX.