271. Select the correct statement______________?
A. Nagpur road plan formula take into account the towns with very large population
B. Nagpur road plan has a target road length of 32 km per 100 square km
C. Second 20-year plan has provided 1600 km of expressways out of the proposed National highway
D. Second 20-year plan allowed deduction of length of railway track in the area while calculating the length of roads
272. Reaction time of a driver_______________?
A. increases with increase in speed
B. decreases with increase in speed
C. is same for all speeds
D. none of the above
273. If the stopping distance is 60 meters, then the minimum stopping sight distance for two lane, two way traffic is_________________?
274. If b is the wheel track of a vehicle and h is the height of centre of gravity above road surface, then to avoid overturning and lateral skidding on a horizontal curve, the centrifugal ratio should always be________________?
A. less than b/2h and greater than co-efficient of lateral friction
B. less than b/2h and also less than co-efficient of lateral friction
C. greater than b/2h and less than co-efficient of lateral friction
D. greater than b/2h and also greater than coefficient of lateral friction
275. The ruling design speed on a National Highway in plain terrain as per IRC recommendations is_____________?
A. 60 kmph
B. 80 kmph
C. 100 kmph
D. 120 kmph
276. The effect of grade on safe overtaking sight distance is_______________?
A. to increase it on descending grades and to decrease it on ascending grades
B. to decrease it on descending grades and to increase it on ascending grades
C. to increase it on both descending and ascending grades
D. to decrease it on both descending and ascending grades
277. Stopping sight distance is always_______________?
A. less than overtaking sight distance
B. equal to overtaking sight distance
C. more than overtaking sight distance
D. none of the above
278. The terrain may be classified as rolling terrain if the cross slope of land is______________?
A. upto 10%
B. between 10% and 25%
C. between 25% and 60%
D. more than 60%
279. For the design of super elevation for mixed traffic conditions, the speed is reduced by_____________?
280. For a constant value of coefficient of lateral friction, the value of required super-elevation increases with_______________?
A. increase in both speed and radius of curve
B. decrease in both speed and radius of curve
C. increase in speed and with decrease in radius of curve
D. decrease in speed and with increase in radius of curve
IF YOU THINK ANY OF THE MCQ ABOVE IS WRONG.
PLEASE COMMENT WITH CORRECT ANSWER AND ITS DETAIL EXPLANATION IN COMMENT BOX.