291. If ruling gradient is I in 20 and there is also a horizontal curve of radius 76 m, then the compensated grade should be_________________?
A. 3 %
C. 5 %
292. Which of the following shapes is preferred in a valley curve ?
A. simple parabola
B. cubic parabola
293. The percentage compensation in gradient for ruling gradient of 4% and horizontal curve of radius 760 m is____________________?
A. 0.1 %
B. 1 %
D. no compensation
294. The camber of road should be approximately equal to___________________?
A. longitudinal gradient
B. two times the longitudinal gradient
C. three times the longitudinal gradient
D. half the longitudinal gradient
295. In case of summit curves, the deviation angle will be maximum when_______________?
A. an ascending gradient meets with another ascending gradient
B. an ascending gradient meets with a descending gradient
C. a descending gradient meets with another descending gradient
D. an ascending gradient meets with a level surface
296. Enoscope is used to find______________?
A. average speed
B. spot speed
C. space-mean speed
D. time-mean speed
297. If an ascending gradient of 1 in 50 meets a descending gradient of 1 in 50, the length of summit curve for a stopping sight distance of 80 m will be_______________?
298. The value of ruling gradient in plains as per IRC recommendation is______________?
A. 1 in 12
B. 1 m 15
C. 1 in 20
D. 1 in 30
299. If the design speed is V kmph and deviation angle is N radians, then the total length of a valley curve in meters is given by the expression_________________?
A. 0.38 N V3/2
B. 0.38 (NV3)”2
C. 3.8 NV”2
D. 3.8 (NV3)”2
300. Highway facilities are designed for_________________?
A. annual average hourly volume
B. annual average daily traffic
C. thirtieth highest hourly volume
D. peak hourly volume of the year
IF YOU THINK ANY OF THE MCQ ABOVE IS WRONG.
PLEASE COMMENT WITH CORRECT ANSWER AND ITS DETAIL EXPLANATION IN COMMENT BOX.