As Academictask believes that practice is the most essential way to success so do visit www.academictask.com regularly and Brush up these Civil Engineering MCQs regularly to prepare for competitive & entrance exams like NTS, FPSC, ETEA, PPSC, KPPSC, etc. Prepare yourself for government job exams, interviews, and make your career in civil engineering. Aspiring students and professionals can learn and practice our Civil Engineering Questions and Answers. Here you will find questions & answers with detailed explanations so that one can understand them easily. Civil Engineering solved MCQs cover the topic like Basic Civil Engineering, Building Materials, Surveying, Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering, Applied Mechanics, Hydraulics, Waste Water Engineering, RCC Structures Design, Irrigation, Railways, Construction Management, Theory of Structures, Estimating and Costing, Docks and Harbours, Elements of Remote Sensing, Building Construction, Concrete Technology, Advanced Surveying, Strength of Materials, Water Resources Engineering, Water Supply Engineering, Steel Structure Design, Highway Engineering, Airport Engineering, Structural Design Specifications, Tunnelling, etc. Also, check basic Electrical engineering MCQs here.
121. The bearing capacity of a water logged soil can be improved by_____________?
A. compacting the soil
B. draining the soil
C. increasing the depth of foundation
122. The minimum depth of foundation in clayey soils is_______________?
A. 0.5 m
B. 0.7 m
C. 0.9 m
D. 1.2 m
123. The vertical distance between the springing line and highest point of the innercurve of an arch is known as______________?
124. The type of arch generally constructed over a wooden lintel or over a flat arch for the purpose of carrying the load of the wall above is_______________?
A. segmental arch
B. pointed arch
C. relieving arch
D. flat arch
125. In case of foundations on black cotton soils, the most suitable method to increase the bearing capacity of soils is to_________________?
A. increase the depth of foundation
B. drain the soil
C. compact the soil
D. replace the poor soil
126. The maximum total settlement for isolated foundations on clayey soils should be limited to______________?
A. 25 mm
B. 40 mm
C. 65 mm
D. 100 mm
127. The maximum total settlement for raft foundation on clayey soils should be limited to______________?
A. 25 mm
B. 25 to 40 mm
C. 40 to 65 mm
D. 65 to 100 mm
128. The type of flooring suitable for use in churches, theatres, public libraries and other places where noiseless floor covering is desired is____________________?
A. cork flooring
B. glass flooring
C. wooden flooring
D. linoleum flooring
129. Depth or height of the arch is the________________?
A. perpendicular distance between intra-dos and extrados
B. vertical distance between springing line and intrados
C. perpendicular distance between springing line and extrados
D. none of the above
130. The type of pile which is driven at an inclination to resist inclined forces is known as______________?
A. friction pile
B. sheet pile
C. batter pile
D. anchor pile