As Academictask believes that practice is the most essential way to success so do visit www.academictask.com regularly and Brush up these Civil Engineering MCQs regularly to prepare for competitive & entrance exams like NTS, FPSC, ETEA, PPSC, KPPSC, etc. Prepare yourself for government job exams, interviews, and make your career in civil engineering. Aspiring students and professionals can learn and practice our Civil Engineering Questions and Answers. Here you will find questions & answers with detailed explanations so that one can understand them easily. Civil Engineering solved MCQs cover the topic like Basic Civil Engineering, Building Materials, Surveying, Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering, Applied Mechanics, Hydraulics, Waste Water Engineering, RCC Structures Design, Irrigation, Railways, Construction Management, Theory of Structures, Estimating and Costing, Docks and Harbours, Elements of Remote Sensing, Building Construction, Concrete Technology, Advanced Surveying, Strength of Materials, Water Resources Engineering, Water Supply Engineering, Steel Structure Design, Highway Engineering, Airport Engineering, Structural Design Specifications, Tunnelling, etc. Also, check basic Electrical engineering MCQs here.
111. As compared to stretcher course, the thickness of joints in header course should be_____________?
D. equal or more
112. The slenderness ratio for masonry walls should not be more than_____________?
113. Number of vertical joints in a stretcher course is x times the number of joints in the header course, where x is equal to_________________?
114. Single flemish bond consists of___________________?
A. double flemish bond facing and Eng-lish bond backing in each course
B. English bond facing and double flemish bond backing in each course
C. stretcher bond facing and double flemish bond backing in each course
D. double flemish bond facing and header bond backing in each course
115. The most important tool in brick laying for lifting and spreading mortar and for forming joints is____________?
116. The type of bond provided in brick masonry for carrying heavy loads is___________?
A. single flemish bond
B. double flemish bond
C. English bond
D. zigzag bond
117. Minimum thickness of wall where single flemish bond can be used is_____________?
A. half brick thick
B. one brick thick
C. one and a half bricks thick
D. two bricks thick
118. Expansion Joints in masonry walls are provided in wall lengths usater than_______________?
A. 10 m
B. 20 m
C. 30 m
D. 40 m
119. A mortar joint in masonry which is normal to the face of wall is known as_________________?
A. bed joint
B. wall joint
C. cross joint
D. bonded joint
120. The proportions of lime and sand in the mortar normally used in brick construction are_______________?