181. The velocity of jet of water travelling out of opening in a tank filled with water is proportional to___________________?
A. head of water (h)
182. In a free vortex motion, the radial component of velocity everywhere is ________________?
D. non-zero and finite
183. A piece of wood having weight 5 kg floats in water with 60% of its volume under the liquid. The specific gravity of wood is__________________?
E. none of the above
184. The region between the separation streamline and the boundary surface of the solid body is known as_________________?
D. boundary layer
E. aerofoil section
185. The upper surface of a weir over which water flows is known is________________?
D. weir top
186. Uniform flow occurs when___________________?
A. the direction and magnitude of the velocity at all points are identical
B. the velocity of successive fluid pai-ticles, at any point, is the same at suc¬cessive periods of time
C. the magnitude and direction of the velocity do not change from point to point in the fluid
D. the fluid particles move in plane or parallel planes and the streamline pat-terns are identical in each plsr.e
E. velocity, depth, pressure, etc. change from point to point in the fluid flow
187. Hydrometer is used to determine________________?
A. specific gravity of liquids
B. specific gravity of solids
C. specific gravity of gases
D. relative humidity
188. For similarity, in addition to models being geometrically similar to prototype, the following in both cases should also be equal__________________?
A. ratio of inertial force to force due to viscosity
B. ratio of inertial force to force due to gravitation
C. ratio of inertial force to force due to surface tension
D. all the four ratios of inertial force to force due to viscosity, gravitation, surface tension, and elasticity
189. A streamline is defined as the line ________________?
A. parallel to central axis flow
B. parallel to outer surface of pipe
C. of equal velocity in a flow
D. along which the pressure drop is uniform
E. which occurs in all flows
190. A piece of metal of specific gravity 7 floats in mercury of specific gravity 13.6. What fraction of its volume is under mercury ?