451. A stone is rejected if it absorbs water more than
452. Stones used for ornamental work must be
453. Stones used for rubble masonry must be
454. Stones used for the construction of retaining walls must be
455. In stone masonry, stones (stratified rocks) are so placed that the direction of pressure to the plane of bedding is
A. right angles
456. In stone masonry, if stones are so placed that their layers are parallel to the direction of load, they
A. split easily
B. are affected by moisture
C. both (a) and (b)
D. none of these.’
457. In arches, stratified stones are placed so that their planes are
D. none of these.
458. The tendency of a stone is, to split along :
459. The standard size of masonry bricks, is
A. 18 cm x 8 cm x 8 cm
B. 19 cm x 9 cm x 9 cm
C. 20 cm x 10 cm x 10 cm
D. 21 cm x 11 cm x 11 cm
460. The size of modular bricks, is
A. 10 x 10 x 9 cm
B.19 x 9 x 9 cm
C. 20 x 10 x 10 cm
D. 22.5 x 8.0 x 9 cm.
IF YOU THINK ANY OF THE MCQ ABOVE IS WRONG.
PLEASE COMMENT WITH CORRECT ANSWER AND ITS DETAIL EXPLANATION IN COMMENT BOX.