531. The commonly used raw material in the manufacture of cement, is
B. sand stone
C. lime stone
532. The compound of Portland cement which contributes to the strength after two to three years is
A. Tricalcium silicate
B. Di-calcium silicate
C. Tricalcium aluminate
D. Tetracalcium alumino ferrite.
533. Rapid hardening cement attains early strength due to
A. larger proportion of lime grounded finer than normal cement
B. lesser proportion of lime grounded coarser than normal cement
C. lesser proportion of lime grounded finer than normal cement
D. larger proportion of lime grounded coarser than normacement
534. Quick setting cement is produced by adding
A. less amount of gypsum in very fine powdered form
B. more amount of gypsum in very fine powdered form
C. aluminium sulphate in very fine powdered form
D. pozzolana in very fine powdered form
535. Portland cement manufactured from pure white chalt. and clay but free from iron-oxide, is known as
A. quick setting cement
B. rapid hardening cement
C. white cement
D. all the above.
536. Portland pozzolana cement possesses
A. higher resistance to chemical attack
B. lower heat of hydration
C. lower shrinkage on drying
D. all the above.
537. Index number expressing the relative sizes of both coarse and fine aggregates, is called
A. proportioning of aggregates
B. fineness modulus
C. grading of aggregates
D. none of these.
538. Bulking of sand is caused due to
A. surface moisture
B. air voids
D. clay contents
539. Strength of cement concrete primarily depends upon
A. quality of water
B. quantity of aggregate
C. quantity of cement
D. water-cement ratio.
540. Slump test for concrete is carried out, to determine
D. water content.
IF YOU THINK ANY OF THE MCQ ABOVE IS WRONG.
PLEASE COMMENT WITH CORRECT ANSWER AND ITS DETAIL EXPLANATION IN COMMENT BOX.