751. Two hill tops A and B 20 km apart are intervened by a third top C. If the top most contour of the three hill tops are of the same value, state whether the line of sight AB
A. passes clear of hill top C
B. passes below the hill top C
C. grazes the hill top C
D. none of these.
752. The best method of interpolation of contours, is by
B. graphical means
D. all of these.
753. For preparation of a contour plan for a route survey
A. method of squares is used
B. method of trace contour is used
C. method of cross profile is used
D. indirect method of contouring is used.
754. Accuracy of elevation of various points obtained from contour map is limited to
A. -2 of the contour interval
B. th of the contour interval
C. rd of the contour interval
D. -5 th of the contour interval.
755. While surveying a plot of land by plane tabling, the field observations
A. and plotting proceed simultaneously
B. and plotting do not proceed simultaneously
C. and recorded in field books to be plotted later
D. all the above.
756. The instrument which is used in plane tabling for obtaining horizontal and vertical distances directly without resorting to chaining, is known as
A. Plane alidade
B. telescopic alidade
757. The operation of revolving a plane table about its vertical axis so that all lines on the sheet become parallel to corresponding lines on the ground, is known
758. In setting up a plane table at any station
A. levelling is done first
B. centering is done first
C. both levelling and centering are done simultaneously
D. orientation is done first.
759. Pick up the incorrect statement from the following. The angular distance of hevenly bodies on observer’s meridian measured from the pole, is
D. polar distance
760. Right ascension of a heavenly body is its equatorial angular distance measured
A. westward from the first point of Libra
B. eastward from the first point of Aeries
C. westward from the first point of Aeries
D. eastward from the first point of Libra.
IF YOU THINK ANY OF THE MCQ ABOVE IS WRONG.
PLEASE COMMENT WITH CORRECT ANSWER AND ITS DETAIL EXPLANATION IN COMMENT BOX.