741. The latitude of the observer’s position, is
A. elevation of the elevated pole
B. declination of the observer’s zenith
C. angular distance along the observer’s meridian between equator and the observer
D. all the above.
742. The altitude of a heavenly body is its angular distance, measured on the vertical circle passing through the body, above
D. none of these.
743. The angular distance of a heavenly body from the equator, measured along its meridian, is called
C. zenith distance
744. The angle between the observer’s meridian and declination circle of a heavenly body, is known as
A. hour angle
C. right ascension
745. The angle of intersection of a contour and a ridge line, is
746. In case of a double line river, contours are
A. stopped at the banks of the river
B. stopped at the edge of the river
C. drawn across the water
D. drawn by parabolic curves having their vertex at the centre of the water.
747. An imaginary line lying throughout on the surface of the earth and preserving a constant inclination to the horizontal, is called
A. contour line
B. contour gradient
C. level line
D. line of gentle scope.
748. From any point on the surface with a given inclination
A. only one contour gradient is possible
B. two contour gradients are possible
C. indefinite contour gradients are possible
D. all the above.
749. Location of contour gradient for a highway is best set out from
A. ridge down the hill
B. saddle down the hill
C. bottom to the ridge
D. bottom to the saddle.
750. Deviation of the actual road gradient from the proposed contour gradient up hill side, involves
A. embankment on the centre line
B. excavation on the centre line earth work on the centre line
C. none of these.
IF YOU THINK ANY OF THE MCQ ABOVE IS WRONG.
PLEASE COMMENT WITH CORRECT ANSWER AND ITS DETAIL EXPLANATION IN COMMENT BOX.