951. The specific gravity of sands is approximately
952. The shape of the bending moment diagram over the length of a beam, having no external load, is always
953. The shape of the bending moment diagram over the length of a beam, carrying a uniformly distributed load is always
954. The shape of the bending moment diagram over the length of a beam, carrying a uniformly increasing load, is always
955. The maximum bending moment due to a moving load on a simply supported beam, occurs
A. at the mid span
B. at the supports
C. under the load
D. anywhere on the beam
956. For a simply supported beam with a central load, the bending moment is
A. least at the centre
B. least at the supports
C. maximum at the supports
D. maximum at the centre.
957. The bending moment is maximum on a section where shearing force
A. is maximum
B. is minimum
C. is equal
D. changes sign.
958. A beam is said to be of uniform strength, if
A. B.M. is same throughout the beam
B. shear stress is same throughout the beam
C. deflection is same throughout the beam
D. bending stress is same at every section along its longitudinal axis.
959. The depth of the centre of pressure on a vertical rectangular gate (4 m wide, 3 m high) with water upto top surface, is
A. 1.0 m
B. 1.5 m
C. 2.0 m
D. 2.5 m.
960. If the atmosphericyressure on the surface of an oil tank (sp. gr. 0.8) is 0.1 kg/cm, the pressure at a depth of 2.5 m, is
A. 1 metre of water
B. 2 metres of water
C. 3 metres of water
D. 3.5 metres of water
IF YOU THINK ANY OF THE MCQ ABOVE IS WRONG.
PLEASE COMMENT WITH CORRECT ANSWER AND ITS DETAIL EXPLANATION IN COMMENT BOX.