261. Coefficient of friction is less when the pavement surface is________________?
C. smooth and dry
D. smooth and wet
262. Camber in the road is provided for_______________?
A. effective drainage
B. counteracting the centrifugal force
C. having proper sight distance
D. none of the above
263. On a single lane road with two way traffic, the minimum stopping sight distance is equal to______________?
A. stopping distance
B. two times the stopping distance
C. half the stopping distance
D. three times the stopping distance
264. The shoulder provided along the road edge should be_______________?
A. rougher than the traffic lanes
B. smoother than the traffic lanes
C. of same colour as that of the pavement
D. of very low load bearing capacity
265. When the path travelled along the road surface is more than the circumferential movement of the wheels due to rotation, then it results in______________?
266. For water bound macadam roads in localities of heavy rainfall, the recommended value of camber is_______________?
A. 1 in 30
B. 1 in 36
C. 1 in 48
D. 1 in 60
267. The sequence of four stages of survey in a highway alignment is______________?
A. reconnaissance, map study, preliminary survey and detailed survey
B. map study, preliminary survey, reconnaissance and detailed survey
C. map study, reconnaissance, preliminary survey and detailed survey
D. preliminary survey, map study, reconnaissance and detailed survey
268. Nagpur road plan formula were prepared by assuming______________?
A. rectangular or block road pattern
B. radial or star and block road pattern
C. radial or star and circular road pattern
D. radial or star and grid road pattern
269. Compared to a level surface, on a descending gradient the stopping sight distance is_______________?
D. dependent on the speed
270. The desirable length of overtaking zone as per IRC recommendation is equal to________________?
A. overtaking sight distance
B. two times the overtaking sight distance
C. three times the overtaking sight distance
D. five times the overtaking sight distance
IF YOU THINK ANY OF THE MCQ ABOVE IS WRONG.
PLEASE COMMENT WITH CORRECT ANSWER AND ITS DETAIL EXPLANATION IN COMMENT BOX.