991. The strength and quality of concrete, depend upon :
A. grading of aggregates
B. surface area of aggregates
C. shape of aggregates
D. all the above
992. To hydrate 500 kg cement fully, water needed, is
A. 100 kg
B. 110 kg
C. 120 kg
D. 130 kg
993. Which one of the following questions is relevant to the construction estimates :
A. Did the estimators precisely evaluate site conditions ?
B. Did the estimators use short cut methods which may be un realistic in their situation ?
C. How much money will the contractor’s risk, loosing if he Were to submit bid on the raw estimate of cost.
D. All of these
994. The ratio obtained by dividing ‘quick assests’ by current liabilities is called
A. Turnover ratio
B. Acid test ratio
C. Solvency ratio
D. None of these.
995. Which one of the following definitions, is correct ?
A. The ratio of total debt to share holder’s equity is called ‘debt ratio’.
B. The ratio debt-to-total assests is called Debt-to-total assest ratio.
C. The ratio of earnings before interest and taxes for a particular reporting period to the amount of interest charges for the period, is called interest coverage ratio.
D. All of these
996. The estimator for definitive estimates must be able :
A. and an all-around construction expert.
B. to read the plans and specifications to determine accurate quantities of permanent materials and installed Equipment.
C. to express the job material requirements in dimensions suitable for costing and construction supplies.
997. The assumption in the theory of bending of beams, is :
A. material is homogeneous
B. material is isotropic
C. Young’s modulus is same in tension as well as in compression
D. each layer is independent to expand or to contract
E. all the above.
998. The shape factor of standard rolled beam section varies from
A. 1.10 to 1.20
B. 1.20 to 1.30
C. 1.30 to 1.40
D. 1.40 to 1.50
999. Shear strain energy theory for the failure of a material at elastic limit, is due to
B. Guest or Trecas
C. St. Venant
E. Von Mises.
1000. The point of contraflexure is the point where
A. B.M. changes sign
B. B.M. is maximum
C. B.M. is minimum
D. S.F. is zero.
IF YOU THINK ANY OF THE MCQ ABOVE IS WRONG.
PLEASE COMMENT WITH CORRECT ANSWER AND ITS DETAIL EXPLANATION IN COMMENT BOX.