Impression materials( Dental materials ) is of liquid or semi-solid nature when first mixed and placed in the mouth. It then sets to become an elastic solid (usually takes a few minutes depending upon the material), leaving an imprint of a person’s dentition and surrounding structures of the oral cavity. Academictask provides 2000+ basic and advanced level of dental materials MCQs with answers. In this section, we focus on all areas of MCQs on dental materials subject and cover all important topics of impression material like Amalgams, Dental Cements, Direct Filling Gold, Gypsum Products Mcqs, Impression Materials, Metallurgy, Physical Properties, Dental Ceramics & Miscellaneous, Restorative Resins – and much more. All these topics are chosen from trusted and best reference books on dental and impression materials. These dental materials MCQs are also helpful for the preparation of interviews, entrance examinations, other competitive examinations, and certifications for all Experienced, Freshers and Students. Also, check MCQs on Pathology here.
71. Inorganic phase of the composites aid in_______________?
A. Increasing the mechanical strength
B. Decreasing the coefficient of thermal expansion
C. Reducing the polymerization shrinkage
D. All of the above
72. About polymerization shrinkage of composite all are true, except______________?
A. Polymerization shrinkage is greater if bonded surface area is lesser than unbounded surface area
B. Polymerization shrinkage is high if within the enamel margins
C. Acid etching and priming will decrease polymerization shrinkage
D. Microleakage can occur because of polymerization shrinkage
73. The advantage of unfilled methyl methacrylate is that______________?
A. It can be finished smoothly
B. It has a low degree of flow
C. It’s non-irritation to pulp
D. It’s wear resistant is high
74. Dentin bonding agents usually contain_____________?
A. Only Hydrophobic component
B. Only Hydrophilic component
C. Hydrophobic and hydrophilic component
D. Lyophillic and lyophobic component
75. Which of the following provide opacity to composite ?
D. None of the above
76. The polymerization of self-curing resin takes faster in______________?
A. Cold water
B. Hot water
C. Under pressure
D. In vaccum
77. Acid-etching is done for_______________?
A. 30 seconds
B. 60 seconds
C. 90 seconds
D. 120 seconds
78. No trail closure is necessary with which one of the technique during denture fabrication_____________?
A. Compression moulding technique
B. Injection moulding technique
C. Fluid resin technique
D. Light cured technique
79. The function of the coupling agent in a restorative resin is to allow______________?
A. Adhesion of resin particles
B. Bonding between filler crystals
C. Bonding between filler and resin
D. Bonding between tooth and resin
80. Which of the following constituents is common in occlusal sealants, bonding agents, composite resins ?
A. BIS GMA
B. Polymethyl methacrylate
C. Benzoin methyl ether
D. Silica filter