Impression materials( Dental materials ) is of liquid or semi-solid nature when first mixed and placed in the mouth. It then sets to become an elastic solid (usually takes a few minutes depending upon the material), leaving an imprint of a person’s dentition and surrounding structures of the oral cavity. Academictask provides 2000+ basic and advanced level of dental materials MCQs with answers. In this section, we focus on all areas of MCQs on dental materials subject and cover all important topics of impression material like Amalgams, Dental Cements, Direct Filling Gold, Gypsum Products Mcqs, Impression Materials, Metallurgy, Physical Properties, Dental Ceramics & Miscellaneous, Restorative Resins – and much more. All these topics are chosen from trusted and best reference books on dental and impression materials. These dental materials MCQs are also helpful for the preparation of interviews, entrance examinations, other competitive examinations, and certifications for all Experienced, Freshers and Students. Also, check MCQs on Pathology here.
181. Air bubbles formed on the surface of casting is probably due to________________?
A. Improper casting pressure
B. Improper heating of the investment
C. Improper angulation of sprue
D. Improper wetting of the wax pattern by the investment
182. Asbestos liner is used in a casting ring to________________?
A. Facilitate venting of the mold
B. Retard the heating of the investment
C. Permit expansion of the world
D. All of the above
183. Which of the following decrease with strain hardening______________?
A. Surface hardness
C. Proportion limit
D. Corrosion resistance
184. Suck back porosity in the casting can be eliminated by________________?
A. Increasing the mould metal temperature difference
B. Increasing the flow of molten metal
C. Flaring the point of the sprue attachment
D. All of the above
185. The component in very minor quantity in stainless steel that changes the properties to a maximum level is____________?
186. Binder used in Gypsum investment is_________________?
D. Calcium sulphate monohydrate
187. Nickel-Titanium alloy has__________________?
A. Unreliable spring back
B. low spring back
C. Minimal spring back
D. None of the above
188. Advantage of titanium over other base metal alloys_______________?
A. Low weight
B. Low cost
C. Low strength
D. Low melting point
189. Component of inlay wax which makes it flake resistant is_____________?
C. Gum dammar
190. Microstructure of cobalt chromium alloy in cast condition is______________?