Impression materials( Dental materials ) is of liquid or semi-solid nature when first mixed and placed in the mouth. It then sets to become an elastic solid (usually takes a few minutes depending upon the material), leaving an imprint of a person’s dentition and surrounding structures of the oral cavity. Academictask provides 2000+ basic and advanced level of dental materials MCQs with answers. In this section, we focus on all areas of MCQs on dental materials subject and cover all important topics of impression material like Amalgams, Dental Cements, Direct Filling Gold, Gypsum Products Mcqs, Impression Materials, Metallurgy, Physical Properties, Dental Ceramics & Miscellaneous, Restorative Resins – and much more. All these topics are chosen from trusted and best reference books on dental and impression materials. These dental materials MCQs are also helpful for the preparation of interviews, entrance examinations, other competitive examinations, and certifications for all Experienced, Freshers and Students. Also, check MCQs on Pathology here.
151. The strength of a gypsum investment is dependent on_______________?
A. Carbon content
B. Silica content
152. Ideal requirement of metal ceramic casting____________?
A. Low fusing ceramic and high fusing alloys
B. Matching of coefficients of thermal expansion of ceramics and alloy
C. Bonding between ceramic and alloy
D. All of the above
153. The pattern for the metallic framework of a removable partial denture is fabricated from________________?
A. Inlay wax type-II
B. Boxing wax
C. Modelling wax
D. Casting wax
154. The contraction of gold alloy on solidifying is approximately_____________?
155. Tempering of steel cause________________?
A. Increases its toughness
B. Increases hardness
C. Increase ductility
D. decreases its toughness
156. Which of the following will produce the most rigid restoration for framework of same dimension ?
A. Wrought alloy
B. Palladium alloys
C. Cobalt-chrome alloys
D. Partial denture casting gold in hardened condition
157. Apart from composites and ceramics, another material that could be copy milled easily and inexpensively is_________________?
158. Austenite is an alloy of iron of and carbon with the iron in______________?
A. Alpha form
B. Beta form
C. Gamma form
D. None of the above
159. Which zone is the hottest and efficient burning zone of the flame used for casting ?
A. Oxidizing zone
B. Reducing zone
C. Combustion zone
D. None of the above
160. Localised shrinkage porosity is seen when there________________?
A. Thin sprue
B. No reservoir
C. Investment heated strongly
D. Inadequate air discharge
IF YOU THINK ANY OF THE MCQ ABOVE IS WRONG.
PLEASE COMMENT WITH CORRECT ANSWER AND ITS DETAIL EXPLANATION IN COMMENT BOX.