Impression materials( Dental materials ) is of liquid or semi-solid nature when first mixed and placed in the mouth. It then sets to become an elastic solid (usually takes a few minutes depending upon the material), leaving an imprint of a person’s dentition and surrounding structures of the oral cavity. Academictask provides 2000+ basic and advanced level of dental materials MCQs with answers. In this section, we focus on all areas of MCQs on dental materials subject and cover all important topics of impression material like Amalgams, Dental Cements, Direct Filling Gold, Gypsum Products Mcqs, Impression Materials, Metallurgy, Physical Properties, Dental Ceramics & Miscellaneous, Restorative Resins – and much more. All these topics are chosen from trusted and best reference books on dental and impression materials. These dental materials MCQs are also helpful for the preparation of interviews, entrance examinations, other competitive examinations, and certifications for all Experienced, Freshers and Students. Also, check MCQs on Pathology here.
141. Setting expansion is advantageous in__________________?
142. Back pressure porosity can be avoided by________________?
A. Using asbestos linear
B. Placing the sprue at least one quarter inch away form the end of casting ring
C. Preventing rapid heating the investment in burnout oven
D. Using a short and wide sprue
143. Which of the following zones is used for melting alloy during casting______________?
A. Reducing flame
B. Oxidizing flame
C. Green flame
D. All of the above
144. Cleaning of base metal alloy is done by______________?
A. Warm HCI
B. Cold HF
C. Cold H2SO4
D. Sand blasting with aluminium oxide
145. Which one of the following is most elastic ?
A. a titanium
B. B titanium
146. A thinner mix of a gypsum bonded investment will_______________?
A. Produce a smoother casting
B. Decrease setting expansion
C. Increase setting expansion
D. Increase thermal expansion
147. Stainless steel orthodontic wire can be hardened by________________?
B. Work hardening
C. Age hardening
D. Precipitation hardening
A. Is accomplished by soaking the casting in baking soda
B. Causes porosity in gold
C. Removes surface oxides from gold castings
D. Remove investment from gold casting
149. NiTi alloy have_______________?
A. Shape memory
B. Hyper rigidity
C. Corrosion resistance
D. Weldable properties
150. The main form of iron carbide found in 18-8 steel________________?
IF YOU THINK ANY OF THE MCQ ABOVE IS WRONG.
PLEASE COMMENT WITH CORRECT ANSWER AND ITS DETAIL EXPLANATION IN COMMENT BOX.