Impression materials( Dental materials ) is of liquid or semi-solid nature when first mixed and placed in the mouth. It then sets to become an elastic solid (usually takes a few minutes depending upon the material), leaving an imprint of a person’s dentition and surrounding structures of the oral cavity. Academictask provides 2000+ basic and advanced level of dental materials MCQs with answers. In this section, we focus on all areas of MCQs on dental materials subject and cover all important topics of impression material like Amalgams, Dental Cements, Direct Filling Gold, Gypsum Products Mcqs, Impression Materials, Metallurgy, Physical Properties, Dental Ceramics & Miscellaneous, Restorative Resins – and much more. All these topics are chosen from trusted and best reference books on dental and impression materials. These dental materials MCQs are also helpful for the preparation of interviews, entrance examinations, other competitive examinations, and certifications for all Experienced, Freshers and Students. Also, check MCQs on Pathology here.
101. Which of the following has the highest modulus of elasticity ?
D. Composite Resin
102. The wetting of an adherent surface by an adhesive is related to________________?
A. Surface energy of the adherent
B. Surface texture of the adherent
C. Surface tension of the adherent
D. Nature of the adherent that is crystalline or amorphous
103. Coefficient of thermal expansion of which of following is most similar to that of tooth ?
A. Gold inlay
B. Acrylic resin
C. Silicate cement
D. Gold foil
104. The stiffness of a dental gold alloy is determined by its________________?
A. Proportional limit
B. Modulus of elasticity
C. Ultimate tensile strength
105. Ductility of a material is a measure of it’s_______________?
A. Grain elongation
C. Cold working
D. Work hardening
106. Sublimation is the conversion of a___________________?
A. Solid directly to gas
B. Gas to liquid and then to soild
C. Gas directly to liquid
D. Solid to liquid and then to gas
107. Modulus of elasticity means_______________?
A. Rigidity or stiffness of the material
B. Ability to be stretched with permanent deformation
C. Ductility of a material
D. Malleability of the metal
108. When solid gets wet completely contact angle is______________?
C. 0 – 90°
109. Brinnel hardness number of a dental gold alloy is directly proportional to its______________?
A. Tensile strength
C. Modulus of elasticity
D. Modulus of resilience
110. Hardness number which does not depend on the ductility of metal_____________?