Impression materials( Dental materials ) is of liquid or semi-solid nature when first mixed and placed in the mouth. It then sets to become an elastic solid (usually takes a few minutes depending upon the material), leaving an imprint of a person’s dentition and surrounding structures of the oral cavity. Academic task provides 2000+ basic and advanced level of dental materials MCQs with answers. In this section, we focus on all areas of MCQs on dental materials subject and cover all important topics of impression material like Amalgams, Dental Cements, Direct Filling Gold, Gypsum Products Mcqs, Impression Materials, Metallurgy, Physical Properties, Dental Ceramics & Miscellaneous, Restorative Resins – and much more. All these topics are chosen from trusted and best reference books on dental and impression materials. These dental materials MCQs are also helpful for the preparation of interviews, entrance examinations, other competitive examinations, and certifications for all Experienced, Freshers and Students. Also, check MCQs on Pathology here.
11. Hydroquinone is added to methyl methacrylate monomer_________________?
A. To prevent polymerization during storage
B. To initiate release of free radicalls
C. To enable polymerization reaction at room temperature
D. All of the above
12. Which of the following inhibitor accelerator system uses light activation composite ?
B. Organic acid-metal oxide
C. Organic acid-peroxide
13. Which of the following is an example of a composite material ?
A. A filled resin
B. Colloidal silica
C. Gold alloy
14. In heat cure denture base acrylic resins the monomer is___________?
3. Methyl ethyl methacrylate
15. Light cure system, side effect is____________?
D. Retinal damage
16. Bonding of composite resins to tooth structure is by________________?
A. Covalent bond
B. Ionic bond
D. Vanderval forces
17. The type of spatula used to mix composite is________________?
B. Stainless steel
D. None of the above
18. Which of the following may result if an excessive amount of monomer is incorporated into an acrylic resin mixture ?
A. Excessive expansion
B. Low impact strength
C. Excessive shrinkage
D. Excessive brittleness
19. Benzoin methyl ether in a polymer indicates that they may be cured in the presence of________________?
A. UV light
B. Visible light
C. Infrared light
20. Porosity of denture base is due to_______________?
A. Packing at dough stage
B. Curing at 160°F for 9 hrs
C. Inadequate pressure
D. All of the above