Histology is the science and study of tissues. Histo means a tissue, while Logy means science. By studying oral histology and embryology, you will gain a strong foundation in oral biology. The topic you study will focus on the development and structure of cells and tissues, the stages of tooth development and maturation. Different parts of a tissue, like cells, intercellular substance, tissue fluids, and the different parts of a human tooth, like enamel, dentin, dental pulp. Academic Task provides Oral Histology MCQs with answers. All these teeth histology MCQs are chosen from trusted and best reference books on oral histology. These histology MCQs are also helpful for the preparation of interviews, entrance examinations, other competitive examinations, and certifications for all Experienced, Freshers and Students. Also, check MCQs on Oral Pathology here.
61. Calcium content of lamina dura is______________?
A. More than the other parts of alveolar bone
B. Less than the other parts of alveolar bone
C. Same as in other parts of alveolar bone
D. Less than the cementum
62. If a child’s teeth do not form, this would primarily effect the growth of the_____________?
A. Basal bone
B. Whole face
D. Alveolar bone
63. Alveolar process helps in providing_____________?
A. Support and retention to the complete denture
B. Boundaries for the tongue during speech
C. Attachment to muscles of facial expression
D. Support the natural teeth
64. The diameter of the largest arterial vessels in the pulp range from_____________?
A. 50-100 μm
B. 101-150 μm
C. 151-200 μm
D. 201-250 μm
65. Normal interincisal distance is____________________?
A. 48 mm
B. 38 mm
C. 58 mm
D. 28 mm
66. The condyle of mandible is composed of____________________?
A. Compact bone
B. Cancellous bone
C. Cancellous bone covered by thin layer of compact bone
D. Compact bone covered by cancellous bone
67. Role of meckel’s cartilage in development of mandible__________________?
A. It has a major role
B. It has a minor role
C. It does not have any role
D. None of the above
68. Basal bone is____________?
A. That part of the bone embracing apices of root of teeth
B. Lower border of the mandible
C. Ramus of the mandible
D. That part of the bone containing teeth
69. Mature bone is otherwise called as______________?
A. woven bone
B. Irregular bone
C. Lamellar bone
D. Resorbing bone
70. Bone at forming stage has_________________?
A. Osteoclasts, osteoblasts, osteoid
B. Odontoblasts & megakaryocyte
C. Megakaryocytes, osteoblasts, osteoclasts
D. None of the above
IF YOU THINK ANY OF THE MCQ ABOVE IS WRONG.
PLEASE COMMENT WITH CORRECT ANSWER AND ITS DETAIL EXPLANATION IN COMMENT BOX.