Histology is the science and study of tissues. Histo means a tissue, while Logy means science. By studying oral histology and embryology, you will gain a strong foundation in oral biology. The topic you study will focus on the development and structure of cells and tissues, the stages of tooth development and maturation. Different parts of a tissue, like cells, intercellular substance, tissue fluids, and the different parts of a human tooth, like enamel, dentin, dental pulp. Academic Task provides Oral Histology MCQs with answers. All these teeth histology MCQs are chosen from trusted and best reference books on oral histology. These histology MCQs are also helpful for the preparation of interviews, entrance examinations, other competitive examinations, and certifications for all Experienced, Freshers and Students. Also, check MCQs on Oral Pathology here.
271. Chronological hypoplasia is_____________?
A. Hypoplasia of local origin
B. Hypoplasia of systemic origin
C. Hypoplasia of hereditary origin
D. None of the above
272. Dentino enamel junction is_________________?
C. Scalloped and the convexities are directed towards dentin
D. Scalloped and the convexities are directed towards enamel
273. True about direction of enamel rods______________?
A. They originate at right angle to dentin surface
B. They are almost vertical near the incisal edge (or) cusp tip areas
C. In the cervical third of deciduous crowns they are almost horizontal in direction
D. In cervical region of permanent teeth, they deviate in apical direction
E. All of the above
274. The diameter of the rod is______________?
A. 4 μ m
B. 9 μ m
C. 7 μ m
D. 2 μ m
275. Inorganic content of enamel is about______________?
276. Among the following the structure that is most calcified is_______________?
A. Enamel lamella
B. Enamel rod
C. Enamel spindle
D. Enamel tuft
277. Synthesis of enamel matrix proteins occurs in the________________?
A. Outer enamel epithelium
C. Stratum intermedium
D. Stratum granulosum
278. Enamel is laid down______________?
A. Mainly by odontoblasts
B. Mainly by ameloblasts
C. Only on odontoblasts
D. Only by ameloblasts
279. The striking difference between enamel and other mineralized tissues is______________?
A. Presence of high percentage of organic matrix
B. Presence of incremental lines
C. Enamel has high reparative capacity
D. Most of organic component is lost during mineralization
280. Formation of dentin by odontoblasts begins in_______________?
A. Morphogenic stage
B. Organizing stage
C. Desmolytic stage
D. Formative stage
IF YOU THINK ANY OF THE MCQ ABOVE IS WRONG.
PLEASE COMMENT WITH CORRECT ANSWER AND ITS DETAIL EXPLANATION IN COMMENT BOX.