Histology is the science and study of tissues. Histo means a tissue, while Logy means science. By studying oral histology and embryology, you will gain a strong foundation in oral biology. The topic you study will focus on the development and structure of cells and tissues, the stages of tooth development and maturation. Different parts of a tissue, like cells, intercellular substance, tissue fluids, and the different parts of a human tooth, like enamel, dentin, dental pulp. Academic Task provides Oral Histology MCQs with answers. All these teeth histology MCQs are chosen from trusted and best reference books on oral histology. These histology MCQs are also helpful for the preparation of interviews, entrance examinations, other competitive examinations, and certifications for all Experienced, Freshers and Students. Also, check MCQs on Oral Pathology here.
221. In considering the process of eruption, the pre-functional eruptive stage of a tooth begins when the_____________?
A. Bud stage begins
B. Cap stage begins
C. Bell stage begins
D. Dental lamina begins forming
222. Hertwig’s epithelial root sheath is made up of_______________?
A. Outer and inner enamel epithelium
B. Stratum intermedium
C. Stellate reticulum
D. Hyaline layer of Hopewell-smill
223. Following is derivative of dental lamina____________?
A. Epithelial rests of Malassez
B. Enamel pearls
C. Rests of serrae
D. All of the above
224. Accessory canals result from____________?
A. Defects in cementogenesis
B. Dividing epithelial bridges
C. Break in Hertwig’s root sheath
D. Adherent epithelial rests
225. The dentin adjacent to the dentinoenamel junction is called the______________?
A. Mantle dentin
B. Circumpulpal dentin
D. Secondary dentin
226. Which of the following dentinal layers is more mineralized______________?
A. Peritubular dentin
B. Inter tubular dentin
C. Dentinal tubules
D. Circum pulpal dentin
227. Dead tracts in ground section appears as_____________?
A. Dentinal tubules
B. Coarse fibril bundles arranged at right angle to the dentinal surface
C. Black in transmitted light and white in reflected light
D. White in transmitted light and dark in reflected light
228. Dentinal tubules are______________?
D. None of the above
229. Dental lamina is active up to_______________?
A. 1 year
B. 2 years
C. 3 years
D. 4 years
230. Ectodermal cells in tooth bud are responsible for_______________?
A. Determination of shape of crown and root
B. Formation of periodontal ligament
C. Formation of cementum
D. Formation of pulp
IF YOU THINK ANY OF THE MCQ ABOVE IS WRONG.
PLEASE COMMENT WITH CORRECT ANSWER AND ITS DETAIL EXPLANATION IN COMMENT BOX.