761. Which of the following is not characteristic of serous cells of a salivary gland?
A. The cells are pyramidal in shape.
B. Its secretory granules are called zymogen granules.
C. They are capped by mucous cells in a mixed salivary acinus.
D. There is junctional complexes between the secretory cells.
762. Which of the following adult gland is incorrectly paired with its secretion?
A. Parotid – pure serous.
B. Palatal salivary glands – pure mucous.
C. Submandibular – mixed salivary gland.
D.Sublingual – pure serous.
763. The secretory canaliculi in salivary gland is found in:
A. mucous acini.
B. Striated ducts.
C. Serous acini.
D. Main duct.
764. The excretory ducts of the major salivary glands are lined with:
A. Simple cubiodal epithelium with goblet cells.
B. Simple columnar without goblet cells.
C. Stratified squamous epithelium with goblet cells.
D.Pseudostratified columnar epithelium with goblet cells.
765. The cytoplasmic basophilia observed in acinar cells of the adult parotid gland is due to:
766. Pure mucous salivary gland is:
A. Parotid gland.
B. Major sublingual glands.
D. Submandibular gland.
767. The basophilia observed in acinar cells of the parotid gland is due to:
768.In the demilune of the mixed salivary acinus, the mucous secretory cells:
A. Have rounded nuclei.
B. Form demilunecappings.
C. Have zymogen granules.
D. Line the luminal surface of the acinus.
769. The concentration of sodium and chloride in saliva is controlled by:
A. Highly differentiated serous cells.
B.Well developed mucous cells.
C. Striated ducts.
D. Intercalated ducts.
770. The role of the myoepithelial cells in the salivary glands is:
A. Defensive mechanism.
B. Contraction of the acinus.
C. Prevention of collapse of the acini.
D. Prevention of extravasation of saliva into the glandular stroma
IF YOU THINK ANY OF THE MCQ ABOVE IS WRONG.
PLEASE COMMENT WITH CORRECT ANSWER AND ITS DETAIL EXPLANATION IN COMMENT BOX.