Histology is the science and study of tissues. Histo means a tissue, while Logy means science. By studying oral histology and embryology, you will gain a strong foundation in oral biology. The topic you study will focus on the development and structure of cells and tissues, the stages of tooth development and maturation. Different parts of a tissue, like cells, intercellular substance, tissue fluids, and the different parts of a human tooth, like enamel, dentin, dental pulp. Academic Task provides Oral Histology MCQs with answers. All these teeth histology MCQs are chosen from trusted and best reference books on oral histology. These histology MCQs are also helpful for the preparation of interviews, entrance examinations, other competitive examinations, and certifications for all Experienced, Freshers and Students. Also, check MCQs on Oral Pathology here.
281. Ionic exchange between enamel surface and environment______________?
A. Does not take place once enamel surface and invironment
B. Stops after 2 years of eruption
C. Continues till adult life
D. Continues through out life
282. Incremental lines of retzius are seen in______________?
283. Blunt cell processes seen on the developing ameloblasts are celled as________________?
A. Tomes fibres
B. Tomes layer
C. Tomes processes
D. Odontoblastic processes
284. Following is not an external manifestation of enamel________________?
A. Enamel tufts
B. Enamel lamella
C. Incremental lines of enamel
D. Enamel cuticle
285. Hunter Schreger band are____________?
A. Dark and light bands of enamel seen in longitudinal ground section
B. Dark and light bands of enamel seen in horizontal ground section
C. Dark and light brands of dentin seen in longitudinal section
D. Dark and light bands of dentin seen in horizontal
286. calcification in enamel starts at____________?
A. Enamel matrix
287. The enamel has no capacity of self repair because______________?
A. It has only a small percent of organic content
B. Its formative cells are lost once it is completely formed
C. It is essentially a keratin tissue and has no blood vessels
D. It has no direct connection with the active cells of the dental pulp
288. The formative cells of which of the following dental tissues disappear once tissue is formed___________?
C. Periodontal ligament
289. On microscopic examination enamel rods have___________?
A. Key hole appearance in cross section
B. Paddle appearance in cross section
C. Lanullate appearance in cross-section
D. None of the above
290. All are true about the striae of retzius except___________?
A. Constitute the rest lines with in the enamel rods
B. Have high inorganic content
C. They are areas of increased porosity
D. Allow the movement of water and small ions
IF YOU THINK ANY OF THE MCQ ABOVE IS WRONG.
PLEASE COMMENT WITH CORRECT ANSWER AND ITS DETAIL EXPLANATION IN COMMENT BOX.