Histology is the science and study of tissues. Histo means a tissue, while Logy means science. By studying oral histology and embryology, you will gain a strong foundation in oral biology. The topic you study will focus on the development and structure of cells and tissues, the stages of tooth development and maturation. Different parts of a tissue, like cells, intercellular substance, tissue fluids, and the different parts of a human tooth, like enamel, dentin, dental pulp. Academic Task provides Oral Histology MCQs with answers. All these teeth histology MCQs are chosen from trusted and best reference books on oral histology. These histology MCQs are also helpful for the preparation of interviews, entrance examinations, other competitive examinations, and certifications for all Experienced, Freshers and Students. Also, check MCQs on Oral Pathology here.
21. A purine which is found in saliva is_______________?
A. Uric acid
22. Acid neutralizing substance in saliva_____________?
23. Total volume of saliva secreted by submandibular gland daily is______________?
A. 750 ml
B. 450 ml
C. 1500 ml
D. 1000 ml
24. Wharton’s duct drains the_______________?
C. Lacrimal gland
D. Submandibular gland
25. Sublingual gland is a_____________?
A. Mixed gland
B. Serous gland
C. Mucous gland
D. Present in root of tongue
26. The content of saliva include all except____________?
27. Of the total amount of saliva secreted by all the salivary glands, about 60% is secreted by the_____________?
A. Parotid glands
B. Sublingual glands
C. Submandibular glands
D. None of the above
28. Carmalt’s glands are______________?
A. Major salivary glands
B. Minor salivary glands (Retromolar)
C. Minor salivary gland ( lingual)
D. Taste Buds
29. The function of myoepithelial cells may be______________?
A. Initiating contraction
B. Support for the end piece during active secretion of saliva
C. Provide signals to the acinar secretary cells for structure organization
D. All of the above
30. An enzyme present in saliva which causes cell wall lysis____________?
IF YOU THINK ANY OF THE MCQ ABOVE IS WRONG.
PLEASE COMMENT WITH CORRECT ANSWER AND ITS DETAIL EXPLANATION IN COMMENT BOX.