Histology is the science and study of tissues. Histo means a tissue, while Logy means science. By studying oral histology and embryology, you will gain a strong foundation in oral biology. The topic you study will focus on the development and structure of cells and tissues, the stages of tooth development and maturation. Different parts of a tissue, like cells, intercellular substance, tissue fluids, and the different parts of a human tooth, like enamel, dentin, dental pulp. Academic Task provides Oral Histology MCQs with answers. All these teeth histology MCQs are chosen from trusted and best reference books on oral histology. These histology MCQs are also helpful for the preparation of interviews, entrance examinations, other competitive examinations, and certifications for all Experienced, Freshers and Students. Also, check MCQs on Oral Pathology here.
161. Inorganic content of cementum is______________?
A. 45 to 50%
B. 50 to 55%
C. 55 to 60%
D. 60 to 65%
162. The region in which cementum formation is most rapid is_____________?
163. Which of the following statement is true______________?
A. Cementum is thinnest at CEJ (20-50μm)
B. Cementum is thickest towards the apex (150-200μm)
C. The apical foramen is surrounded by cementum
D. All of the above
164. Reestablishing the former outline of the root surface is_____________?
A. Anatomic repair
B. Functional repair
C. Physiological repair
165. Intermediate cementum is___________?
A. Between enamel and cementum
B. Found at dentinocemental junction
C. Apical third
D. Coronal third
166. Which of the following is correct?
A. Cementum is more resistant to resorption than bone
B. Bone is more resistant to resorption than cementum
C. Both are equally resorbable
D. None of the above
167. Hardness of fully mineralized cementum is_____________?
A. Less than dentin
B. More than dentin
C. Equal dentin
D. None of the above
168. Which of the following is true of cellular cementum ?
A. Forms during root formation
B. Forms after the eruption of the tooth
C. Seen at the coronal portion of the tooth
D. Formation is a slow process
169. The cementuoenamel junction is approximately at the level at which the root canal becomes_____________?
C. Pulp chamber
D. Lateral canal
170. Intermediate cementum is____________?
A. Highly defined cellular zone near cemento – dentinal junction (CDJ)
B. Highly defined fibrillar zone near CDJ
C. Poorly defined zone near cemento-dentinal junction
D. Both a and B
IF YOU THINK ANY OF THE MCQ ABOVE IS WRONG.
PLEASE COMMENT WITH CORRECT ANSWER AND ITS DETAIL EXPLANATION IN COMMENT BOX.