Histology is the science and study of tissues. Histo means a tissue, while Logy means science. By studying oral histology and embryology, you will gain a strong foundation in oral biology. The topic you study will focus on the development and structure of cells and tissues, the stages of tooth development and maturation. Different parts of a tissue, like cells, intercellular substance, tissue fluids, and the different parts of a human tooth, like enamel, dentin, dental pulp. Academic Task provides Oral Histology MCQs with answers. All these teeth histology MCQs are chosen from trusted and best reference books on oral histology. These histology MCQs are also helpful for the preparation of interviews, entrance examinations, other competitive examinations, and certifications for all Experienced, Freshers and Students. Also, check MCQs on Oral Pathology here.
121. Which of the following is not the principle fibre group of the periodontal ligament___________?
C. Alveolar crest
122. A special feature of the periodontal ligament fibroblasts is______________?
A. The number or organelles
B. Presence of actin fibres and shape change
C. size of the cells
D. Collagen fibre formation
123. The component of future T.M.J shows development at _____________?
A. 6 weeks
B. 10 weeks
C. 18 weeks
D. 16 weeks
124. Centre of the disc in TMJ is_____________?
B. Devoid of nervous tissue
C. Avascular & deviod of nervous tissue
D. None of the above
125. Narrowing of periodontal ligament in labially placed mandibular canine with age is due to_____________?
A. Due to deposition of cementum and bone
B. Down growths of gingival epithelium
C. Gingival cysts formed from cell rests
D. Reversal of function of horizontal and oblique fibres
126. The main function of horizontal fibres of P.D ligament is____________?
A. Prevent extrusion
B. Prevent rotation
C. Maintains the mesiodistal width
D. All of the above
127. Fibres of periodontal ligament embedded in the bone are_____________?
A. Sharpey’s fibres
B. Tomes fibres
C. Elastic fibres
D. Ray’s fibres
128. The attached apparatus of tooth is composed of______________?
A. Gingiva, cementum and alveolar bone
B. Gingiva and cementum
C. Cementum and periodontal ligament
D. Peridontal ligament the cementum and the alveolar bone
129. Age changes in periodeontal ligament include which of the following ?
A. Increased fibroplasia
B. Increased vascularity
C. Increased thickness
D. Decreased in number of cementicles
130. Collagen molecule exhibits all of the following features except_____________?
A. Triple pleated sheath
B. Mostly contains glycine residues
C. Exhibit cross striations at 64 μm
D. Intracellular in nature
IF YOU THINK ANY OF THE MCQ ABOVE IS WRONG.
PLEASE COMMENT WITH CORRECT ANSWER AND ITS DETAIL EXPLANATION IN COMMENT BOX.