Histology is the science and study of tissues. Histo means a tissue, while Logy means science. By studying oral histology and embryology, you will gain a strong foundation in oral biology. The topic you study will focus on the development and structure of cells and tissues, the stages of tooth development and maturation. Different parts of a tissue, like cells, intercellular substance, tissue fluids, and the different parts of a human tooth, like enamel, dentin, dental pulp. Academic Task provides Oral Histology MCQs with answers. All these teeth histology MCQs are chosen from trusted and best reference books on oral histology. These histology MCQs are also helpful for the preparation of interviews, entrance examinations, other competitive examinations, and certifications for all Experienced, Freshers and Students. Also, check MCQs on Oral Pathology here.
301. Which of the following statement is correct_________________?
A. In cross sections enamel rods appear hexagonal and resembles fish scales
B. The bodies of rods are near occlusal and incisal surfaces, where as the tails point cervically
C. The apatite crystals are parallel to bodies and deviate 65° from the tails
D. All of the above
302. Length of enamel rods is_____________?
A. Greater than the thickness of enamel
B. Less than the thickness of enamel
C. Equal to the thickness of enimal
D. None of the above
303. Specific gravity of enamel is_____________?
304. The type of fibrous element in enamel is_____________?
A. Tono filament
B. Keratin like fibre
C. Collagen fibre
D. Vimentin filament
305. The small ridges, perikymata, seen on facial surfaces of canines are the result of_____________?
C. Normal development
D. Interstitial development
306. Ameloblasts is______________?
A. A cell from which tooth enamel is formed:
B. A tissue from which tooth erupts
C. A tumour of the jaw
D. Pertaining to dentin
307. Shape of enamel rod is______________?
A. Key hole or paddle shaped
D. None of the above
308. Moth eaten appearance of of enamel is seen in____________?
B. Amelogenisis stage
C. Desmolytic stage
D. Mottled enamel
309. Hertwig’s root sheath is formed from______________?
A. Stratum inter medium
B. Stellate reticulum
C. Outer enamel epithelium
D. Cervical loop
310. Thin leaf like structures that extend from enamel surface in to DEJ are____________?
A. Enamel spindles
B. Enamel lamella
C. Enamel tufts
IF YOU THINK ANY OF THE MCQ ABOVE IS WRONG.
PLEASE COMMENT WITH CORRECT ANSWER AND ITS DETAIL EXPLANATION IN COMMENT BOX.