Histology is the science and study of tissues. Histo means a tissue, while Logy means science. By studying oral histology and embryology, you will gain a strong foundation in oral biology. The topic you study will focus on the development and structure of cells and tissues, the stages of tooth development and maturation. Different parts of a tissue, like cells, intercellular substance, tissue fluids, and the different parts of a human tooth, like enamel, dentin, dental pulp. Academic Task provides Oral Histology MCQs with answers. All these teeth histology MCQs are chosen from trusted and best reference books on oral histology. These histology MCQs are also helpful for the preparation of interviews, entrance examinations, other competitive examinations, and certifications for all Experienced, Freshers and Students. Also, check MCQs on Oral Pathology here.
201. All factors govering dentine permeability EXCEPT_______________?
A. Smear layer
B. Fluid convection
C. Length of dentinal tubules
D. Diffusion coefficient
202. The average diameter of coronal dentinal tubules near the pulp is____________?
A. 0.2-0.5 microns
B. 2-3 microns
C. 0.2-0.3 microns
D. 7 microns
203. All of the following is true about dentinal tubules except______________?
A. Inner pulpal layer contains more dentinal tubules than outer dentin layer
B. The diameter of dentin tubules ranges from 5 to 7μm
C. The diameter of dentinal tubule is more at pulpal layer than outer layer
D. The bonding is more on the inner layer of dentin compared to outer surface
204. S shape of dentinal tubules is due to______________?
A. Incremental deposition
B. Peritubular dentin
C. Crowding of odontoblasts
D. Due to excess amount of organic component
205. Dentin formed through out the life is______________?
A. Sclerotic dentin
B. Secondary dentin
C. Reparative dentin
D. All of the above
206. Dentinal tubules are calcified in_______________?
A. Sclerotic dentin
B. Primary dentin
C. Secondary dentin
D. Interglobular dentin
207. Which of the areas of the tooth is most sensitive during cavity preparation ?
A. Enamel (anterior teeth)
B. Enamel (Posterior teeth)
D. Dentinoenamel junction
208. Transmission of stimulus across dentin is______________?
A. Direct activation of nerve endings
B. Correlated with the innervation density of the dentin
C. Stimulus induced fluid flow
D. There is no transmission of stimulus across dentin
209. During the formation of primary teeth_______________?
A. Enamel forms more cervically than dentin
B. Enamel forms faster than dentin
C. Dentin forms faster than enamel
D. Processes of their cells remain in content with each other
210. Compared to the inter tubular dentin, peritubular dentin is characterized by which of the following ?
A. Greater stainability
B. Lasser content of inorganic salts
C. greater content of inorganic salts
D. Greater content of large collagen fibres
IF YOU THINK ANY OF THE MCQ ABOVE IS WRONG.
PLEASE COMMENT WITH CORRECT ANSWER AND ITS DETAIL EXPLANATION IN COMMENT BOX.