Histology is the science and study of tissues. Histo means a tissue, while Logy means science. By studying oral histology and embryology, you will gain a strong foundation in oral biology. The topic you study will focus on the development and structure of cells and tissues, the stages of tooth development and maturation. Different parts of a tissue, like cells, intercellular substance, tissue fluids, and the different parts of a human tooth, like enamel, dentin, dental pulp. Academic Task provides Oral Histology MCQs with answers. All these teeth histology MCQs are chosen from trusted and best reference books on oral histology. These histology MCQs are also helpful for the preparation of interviews, entrance examinations, other competitive examinations, and certifications for all Experienced, Freshers and Students. Also, check MCQs on Oral Pathology here.
101. The type of bone present in the labial area of anterior teeth is_______________?
102. Width of PDL is_______________?
A. 0.10 mm
B. 0.50 mm
C. 0.25 mm
D. 0.75 mm
103. The periodontal ligament is approximately_____________?
A. 0.25 mm in thickness
B. 0.5 mm in thickness
C. 0.75 mm in thickness
D. mm in thickness
104. Development of supporting tissues of the tooth is initiated by____________?
A. Cells of dental follicle
B. Cells of odontogenic layer
D. Cells of the gingiva
105. Width of the periodontal ligament is least at______________?
A. Cervical third
B. Apical third
C. Fulcrum of rotation
D. It has uniform width
106. Weil’s zone of pulp is__________?
A. Cell degenerated zone
B. Cell rich zone
C. Cell regenerated zone
D. cell free zone
107. The primary function of the dental pulp is____________?
B. Production of dentin
C. Production of enamel
D. Vascular supply to the teeth
108. All of the following are true about functions of dental pulp except______________?
A. Formation of dentin
B. Nerve supply to dentin
C. Sends impulses to CNS
D. Nerve supply to enamel through fibres
109. Which of the following structures is not found in a living pulp ?
A. Collagen fibres
B. Haversian fibres
C. Non-myelinated nerve fibres
110. In a dried skull, holes on the lingual aspects of the deciduous teeth are called_____________?
A. Volkmann canals
B. Canals of Hirchfeld and Zuckerland
C. Herversian canals
D. Gubernacular canals
IF YOU THINK ANY OF THE MCQ ABOVE IS WRONG.
PLEASE COMMENT WITH CORRECT ANSWER AND ITS DETAIL EXPLANATION IN COMMENT BOX.