851. Which of the following lacks goblet cells?
A. nasal cavity
E. vermiform appendix
852. Which one of the following has skeletal muscle in the muscularis externa?
E. small intestine
853. The submucosal plexus (Meissner’s plexus) contains cell bodies of
A. preganglionic parasympathetic neurons
B. postganglionic sympathetic neurons
C. postganglionic parasympathetic neurons
D. preganglionic sympathetic neurons
E. none of the above
854. Goblet cells are most numerous in the walls of the
B. gastric glands
C. crypts of Lieberkuhn (intestinal glands) in the ileum
D. crypts of Lieberkuhn (intestinal glands) in the duodenum
E. crypts of Lieberkuhn (intestinal glands) in the colon
855. In humans, the lining epithelium of the esophagus is
B. simple columnar
C. stratified squamous, keratinized
D. stratified squamous, non-keratinized
E. stratified cuboidal
856. Pancreatic alpha cells secrete
E. pancreatic digestive enzymes
857. Endothelium and mesothelium form cellular membranes which have the same histologicstructure as
A. stratified cuboidal epithelium
B. simple columnar epithelium
C. simple cuboidal epithelium
D. stratified squamous epithelium
E. simple squamous epithelium
858. Which one of the following epithelia is least common?
B. pseudostratified columnar (ciliated)
C. simple columnar
D. stratified columnar
E. simple squamous
859. The broadest basis for classifying epithelium into subgroups is
A. keratinized or not keratinized
B. squamous, cuboidal or columnar
C. simple or stratified
D. absorptive or secretory
E. lining or glandular
860. Regarding simple columnar epithelium which statement is least descriptive?
A. may be keratinized
B. may exhibit a microvillous border
C. the height of each cell is typically greater than its width
D. may have motile cilia
E. may contain goblet cells
IF YOU THINK ANY OF THE MCQ ABOVE IS WRONG.
PLEASE COMMENT WITH CORRECT ANSWER AND ITS DETAIL EXPLANATION IN COMMENT BOX.