61. An amount of 5,000 is invested at a fixed rate of 8 per cent per annum. What amount will be the value of the investment in five years time, if the interest is compounded every six months?
62. The simple interest on Rs.500 at 6% per annum from May 3rd to July 15th in the same year is_________?
63. Mr. Tassawar Javed invested an amount of Rs. 13,900 divided in two different schemes A and B at the simple interest rate of 14% p.a. and 11% p.a. respectively. If the total amount of simple interest earned in 2 years be Rs. 3508, what was the amount invested in Scheme B?
B. Rs. 6500
C. Rs. 7200
D. Rs. 7500
64. A sum of Rs. 725 is lent in the beginning of a year at a certain rate of interest. After 8 months, a sum of Rs. 362.50 more is lent but at the rate twice the former. At the end of the year, Rs. 33.50 is earned as interest from both the loans. What was the original rate of interest?
65. A sum was put a simple interest at a certain rate for 2 years. Had it been put at 4% higher rate, it would have fetched Rs. 60 more. The sum is:________?
A. Rs. 750
66. A car is purchased on hire-purchase. The cash price is $21 000 and the terms are a deposit of 10% of the price, then the balance to be paid off over 60 equal monthly installments. Interest is charged at 12% p.a. What is the monthly installment?
67. What annual installment will discharge a debt of Rs 1092 due in 3 years at 12% simple interest?
A. Rs. 325
68. If the simple interest on a certain sum of money after 3 1⁄8 years is 1⁄4 of the principal, what is the rate of interest per annum?
69. How much time will it take for an amount of Rs. 900 to yield Rs. 81 as interest at 4.5% per annum of simple interest?
A. 2 years
B. 3 years
C. 1 year
D. 4 years
70. A lends Rs. 1500 to B and a certain sum to C at the same time at 8% per annum simple interest. If after 4 years, A altogether receives Rs. 1400 as interest from B and C, then the sum lent to C is________?
A. Rs. 2875