291. Oranges are bought at 11 for a rupee and an equal number more at 9 a rupee. If these are sold at 10 for a rupee, find the loss or gain percent?
A. 1% gain
B. 2% gain
C. 1% loss
D. 2% loss
292. If goods be purchased for Rs.840 and one-fourth be sold at a loss of 20% at what gain percent should the remainder be sold so as to gain 20% on the whole transaction?
C. 33 1/3%
293. A person bought an article and sold it at a loss of 10%. If he had bought it for 20% less and sold it for Rs.75 less, he could have gained 25%. What is the cost price?
294. A man buys an article and sells it at a profit of 20%. If he had bought it at 20% less and sold it for Rs.75 less, he could have gained 25%. What is the cost price?
295. I bought two books; for Rs.480. I sold one at a loss of 15% and other at a gain of 19% and then I found each book was sold at the same price. Find the cost of the book sold at a loss?
296. A man buys milk at a certain rate per liter and after adding water to it sells the mixture at the same rate. Find in what ration he much mix water to milk so as to gain 20% on his outlay?
297. A trader marked the price of the T.V. 30% above the cost price of the T.V. and gave the purchaser 10% discount on the marked price, thereby gaining Rs.340. Find the cost price of the T.V?
298. A trader marked the price of a car 20% above the cost price and allowed the purchaser 5% discount on the marked price there by gained Rs.8400. Find the cost price of the car?
299. At what price must an article costing Rs.47.50 be marked in order that after deducting 5% from the list price. It may be sold at a profit of 25% on the cost price?
300. A dealer purchased an article at 3/4 of its list price and sold 50% more than the list price. Find his gain percent?