421. The captain of a cricket team of 11 members is 26 years old and the wicket keeper is 3 years older. If the ages of these two are excluded, the average age of the remaining players is one year less than the average age of the whole team. What is the average of the team?
A. 23 years
B. 24 years
C. 25 years
D. None of these
422. The average monthly salary of 20 employees in an organisation is Rs. 1500. If the manager’s salary is added, then the average salary increases by Rs. 100. What is the manager’s monthly salary?
A. Rs. 2000
B. Rs. 2400
C. Rs. 3600
D. Rs. 4800
423. The average monthly income of P and Q is Rs. 5050. The average monthly income of Q and R is 6250 and the average monthly income of P and R is Rs. 5200. The monthly income of P is____________?
A. Rs. 3500
B. Rs. 4000
C. Rs. 4050
D. Rs. 5000
424. The average weight of A, B and C is 45 kg. If the average weight of A and B be 40 kg and that of B and C be 43 kg, then the weight of B is___________?
A. 17 kg
B. 20 kg
C. 26 kg
D. 31 kg
425. The average age of 15 students of a class is 15 years. Out of these, the average age of 5 students is 14 years and that of the other 9 students is 16 years. The age of the 15th student is____________?
A. 11 years
B. 14 years
C. 15 years
D. 15 2/7 years
426. A pupil’s marks were wrongly entered as 83 instead of 63. Due to the average marks for the class got increased by half. The number of pupils in the class is___________?
427. The mean of 50 observations was 36. It was found later that an observation 48 was wrongly taken as 23. The corrected new mean is___________?
428. If the arithmetic mean of seventy five numbers is calculated, it is 35. If each number is increased by 5, then mean of new number is___________?
429. In the first 10 overs of a cricket game, the run rate was only 3.2. What should be the rate in the remaining 40 overs to reach the target of 282 runs?
430. A cricketer has a certain average for 10 innings. In the eleventh inning, he scored 108 runs, there by increasing his average by 6 runs. His new average is_____________?
A. 48 runs
B. 52 runs
C. 55 runs
D. 60 runs
IF YOU THINK ANY OF THE MCQ ABOVE IS WRONG.
PLEASE COMMENT WITH CORRECT ANSWER AND ITS DETAIL EXPLANATION IN COMMENT BOX.