251. The ratio between the sale price and the cost price of an article is 7:5. What is the ratio between the profit and the cost price of that article?
D. Data inadequate
E. None of these
252. The ratio of the cost price and the selling price is 4:5. The profit percent is:__________?
253. Jameel brought a scooter for a certain sum of money. He spent 10% of the cost on repairs and sold the scooter for a profit of Rs. 1100. How much did he spend on repairs if he made a profit of 20%?
A. Rs. 400
B. Rs. 440
C. Rs. 500
D. Rs. 550
254. The sale price of an article including the sales tax is Rs. 616. The rate of sales tax is 10%. If the shopkeeper has made a profit of 12%, then the cost price of the article is:
A. Rs. 500
B. Rs. 515
C. Rs. 550
D. Rs. 600
255. Samad purchased 20 dozens of toys at the rate of Rs. 375 per dozen. He sold each one of them at the rate of Rs. 33. What was his percentage profit?
256. A shopkeeper purchased 70 kg of potatoes for Rs. 420 and sold the whole lot at the rate of Rs. 6.50 per kg. What will be his gain percent?
A. 4 1/6 %
B. 6 1/6 %
C. 8 1/3 %
D. 20 %
257. The profit earned by selling an article for Rs. 832 is equal to the loss incurred when the same article is sold for Rs. 448. What should be the sale price for making 50% profit?
A. Rs. 920
B. Rs. 960
C. Rs. 1060
D. Rs. 1200
258. In a certain store, the profit is 320% of the cost. If the cost increases by 25% but the selling price remains constant, approximately what percentage of the selling price is the profit?
259. If selling price is doubled, the profit triples. Find the profit percent:
A. 66 2/3
C. 105 1/3
260. A man gains 20% by selling an article for a certain price. If the sells it at double the price, the percentage of profit will be:________?
IF YOU THINK ANY OF THE MCQ ABOVE IS WRONG.
PLEASE COMMENT WITH CORRECT ANSWER AND ITS DETAIL EXPLANATION IN COMMENT BOX.