401. Sarfaraz obtained 76, 65, 82, 67 and 85 marks (out of 100) in English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology. What are his average marks?
D. None of these
402. A total of 3000 chocolates were distributed among 120 boys and girls such that each boy received 2 chocolates and each girl received 3 chocolates. Find the respective number of boys and girls?
A. 70, 50
B. 60, 60
C. 50, 70
D. 40, 80
403. Rs. 6000 is lent out in two parts. One part is lent at 7% p.a simple interest and the other is lent at 10% p.a simple interest. The total interest at the end of one year was Rs. 450. Find the ratio of the amounts lent at the lower rate and higher rate of interest?
A. 5 : 1
B. 4 : 1
C. 3 : 2
D. 2 : 1
404. A trader purchased two colour televisions for a total of Rs. 35000. He sold one colour television at 30% profit and the other 40% profit. Find the difference in the cost prices of the two televisions if he made an overall profit of 32%?
A. Rs. 21000
B. Rs. 17500
C. Rs. 19000
D. Rs. 24500
405. The average weight of a group of persons increased from 48 kg to 51 kg, when two persons weighing 78 kg and 93 kg join the group. Find the initial number of members in the group?
406. The total marks obtained by a student in Mathematics and Physics is 60 and his score in Chemistry is 20 marks more than that in Physics. Find the average marks scored in Mathematics and Chemistry together.
D. Data inadequate
407. Five years ago the average of the ages of A and B was 40 years and now the average of the ages of B and C is 48 years. What will be the age of the B ten years hence?
A. 55 years
B. 56 years
C. 58 years
D. Data inadequate
408. Aftab bought 65 books for Rs.1150 from one shop and 50 books for Rs.920 from another. What is the average price he paid per book ?
409. The average height of 50 pupils in a class is 150 cm. Five of them whose height is 146 cm, leave the class and five others whose average height is 156 cm, join. The new average height of the pupils of the class (in cm) is __________ .
410. The average of 20 numbers is zero. Of them, at the most, how many may be greater than zero?