841. In order to measure the flow with a venturimeter, it is installed in
A. horizontal line
B. inclined line with flow upwards
C. inclined line with flow downwards
D. any direction and in any location
842. Whenever a material is loaded within elastic limit, stress is __________ strain.
A. equal to
B. directly proportional to
C. inversely proportional to
843. Which of the following statement is correct?
A. The energy stored in a body, when strained within elastic limit is known as strain energy.
B. The maximum strain energy which can be stored in a body is termed as proof resilience.
C. The proof resilience per unit volume of a material is known as modulus of resilience.
D. all of the above
844. Power required to drive a centrifugal pump is directly proportional to __________ of its impeller.
B. square of diameter
C. cube of diameter
D. fourth power of diameter
845. The mechanical efficiency of an impulse turbine is
A. ratio of the actual power produced by the turbine to the energy actually supplied by the turbine
B. ratio of the actual work available at the turbine to the energy imparted to the wheel
C. ratio of the Work done on the wheel to the energy of the jet
D. none of the above
846. In a Kaplan turbine runner, the number of blades are generally between
A. 2 to 4
B. 4 to 8
C. 8 to l6
D. 16 to 24
847. Which of the following is an example of laminar flow?
A. Under ground flow
B. Flow past tiny bodies
C. Flow of oil in measuring instruments
D. all of these
848. The pressure less than atmospheric pressure is known as
A. suction pressure
B. vacuum pressure
C. negative gauge pressure
D. all of these
849. The total energy line lies over the hydraulic gradient line by an amount equal to the
A. pressure head
B. velocity head
C. pressure head + velocity head
D. pressure head – velocity head
850. The maximum efficiency of transmission through a pipe is
IF YOU THINK ANY OF THE MCQ ABOVE IS WRONG.
PLEASE COMMENT WITH CORRECT ANSWER AND ITS DETAIL EXPLANATION IN COMMENT BOX.