311. The main purpose of reheating in gas turbine is to__________________?
A. increase temperature
B. reduce turbine size
C. increase power output
D. increase speed
E. increase pressure ratio
312. Gas turbine cycle with Regenerator __________________?
A. increases thermal efficiency
B. allows high compression ratio
C. decreases heat loss is exhaust
D. allows operation at very high altitudes
E. permits high moisture content fuel to be used
313. Reheating in multistage expansion gas turbine results in____________________?
A. high thermal efficiency
B. reduction in compressor work
C. decrease of heat loss in exhaust
D. maximum work output
E. none of the above
314. Maximum temperature in a gas turbine is of the order of COMPRESSORS, GAS TURBINES AND JET ENGINES______________________?
315. In air breathing jet engine, the jet is formed by expanding__________________?
E. highly heated atmospheric air
316. The efficiency of jet engine is__________________?
A. higher at ground
B. higher at high altitudes
C. same at all altitudes
D. higher at high speed
E. lower at low speed
317. For speed above 3000 km/hour, it is more advantageous to use____________________?
A. turbo-jet engine
B. ram-jet engine
E. hydraulic jet propulsion
318. The compression ratio in a jet engine varies proportional to ____________________?
E. does not Vary
319. The efficiency and work ratio of a gas turbine plant can be increased by _____________________?
A. using mulit-stage compressor with mfercooler
B. adding heat exchanger
C. injecting water in/around combustion chamber
D. reheating the air after partial expansion in the turbine
E. all of the above
320. Turbofan engine employs ____________________ ?
A. one air stream
B. two or more air streams
C. no air stream
D. solid fuel firing
E. rocket principle for its operation
IF YOU THINK ANY OF THE MCQ ABOVE IS WRONG.
PLEASE COMMENT WITH CORRECT ANSWER AND ITS DETAIL EXPLANATION IN COMMENT BOX.