901. The atomic mass of oxygen is
902. The ratio of specific heat at constant pressure (cp) and specific heat at constant volume (cv) is
A. equal to one
B. less than one
C. greater than one
D. none of these
903. The object of producing draught in a boiler is
A. to provide an adequate supply of air for the fuel combustion
B. to exhaust the gases of combustion from the combustion chamber
C. to discharge the gases of combustion to the atmosphere through the chimney
D. all of the above
904. In a glass tube type water indicator for a boiler, one end of the tube is connected to water space and the other end is connected to
A. water space also
C. steam space
905. Carbonisation of coal consists of
A. drying and crushing the coal to a fine powder
B. moulding the finely ground coal under pressure with or without a binding material
C. heating the wood with a limited supply of air to temperature not less than 280°C
D. none of the above
906. The efficiency of Stirling cycle is __________ Carnot cycle.
A. greater than
B. less than
C. equal to
907. If the value of n = 0 in the equation pvn = C, then the process is called
A. constant volume process
B. adiabatic process
C. constant pressure process
D. isothermal process
908. Loeffler boiler is a water tube boiler using a forced circulation of water.
909. Which of the following statement is correct for a compound steam engine ?
A. The cost of the engine, for the same power and economy, is more than that of a simple steam engine.
B. The forces in the working parts are increased as the forces are distributed over more parts.
C. The ratio of expansion is reduced, thus reducing the length of stroke.
D. The temperature range per cylinder is increased, with corresponding increase in condensation.
910. When the speed of the crankshaft is between 100 r.p.m. and 250 r.p.m., the engine said to be a
A. slow speed engine
B. medium speed steam engine
C. high speed steam engine
D. none of these
IF YOU THINK ANY OF THE MCQ ABOVE IS WRONG.
PLEASE COMMENT WITH CORRECT ANSWER AND ITS DETAIL EXPLANATION IN COMMENT BOX.