871. Slip of a reciprocating pump is defined as the
A. ratio of actual discharge to the theoretical discharge
B. sum of actual discharge and the theoretical discharge
C. difference of theoretical discharge and the actual discharge
D. product of theoretical discharge and the actual discharge
872. Multi-stage centrifugal pumps are used to
A. give high discharge
B. produce high heads
C. pump viscous fluids
D. all of these
873. The specific speed of a centrifugal pump, delivering 750 litres of water per second against a head of 15 metres at 725 r.p.m., is
A. 24.8 r.p.m.
B. 48.2 r.p.m
C. 82.4 r.p.m.
D. 248 r.p.m
874. Which of the following pump is preferred for flood control and irrigation applications?
A. Centrifugal pump
B. Axial flow pump
C. Mixed flow pump
D. Reciprocating pump
875. The efficiency of a Pelton wheel working under constant head __________ with the increase in power.
A. remains same
876. Which of the following turbine is preferred for 0 to 25 m head of water?
A. Pelton wheel
B. Kaplan turbine
C. Francis turbine
D. none of these
877. The overall efficiency of a reaction turbine is the ratio of
A. power produced by the turbine to the energy actually supplied by the turbine
B. actual work available at the turbine to the energy imparted to the wheel
C. workdone on the wheel to the energy (or head of water) actually supplied to the turbine
D. none of the above
878. The maximum number of jets, generally, employed in an impulse turbine without jet interference are
879. A centrifugal pump will start delivering liquid only when the pressure rise in the impeller is equal to the
A. kinetic head
B. velocity head
C. manometric head
D. static head
880. A cycle consisting of one constant pressure, one constant volume and two isentropic processes is known as
A. Carnot cycle
B. Stirling cycle
C. Otto cycle
D. Diesel cycle
IF YOU THINK ANY OF THE MCQ ABOVE IS WRONG.
PLEASE COMMENT WITH CORRECT ANSWER AND ITS DETAIL EXPLANATION IN COMMENT BOX.