511. Water contained in a beaker can be made to boil by passing steam through it__________________?
A. at atmospheric pressure
B. at a pressure below the firuosphejric pressure
C. at a pressure greater than atmospheric pressure
D. any pressure
E. not possible
512. The door of a running refrigerator inside a room was left open____________________?
A. The room will be cooled to the temperature inside the refrigerator.
B. The room will be cooled very slightly.
C. The room will be gradually warmed up.
D. The temperature of the air in room will remain unaffected.
E. any one of above is possible depending on the capacity
513. A diathermic wall is one which____________________?
A. prevents thermal interaction
B. permits thermal interaction
C. encourages thermal interaction
D. discourages thermal interaction
E. does not exist
514. A manufacturer claims to have a heat engine capable of developing 20 h.p. by receiving heat input of 400 kcal/mt and working between the temperature limits of 227° C and 27° C. His claim is__________________?
B. not possible
C. may be possible with lot of sophistications
D. cost will be very high
E. theroretically possible
515. An engine operates between temperatures of 900°Kandr2 and another engine between T2 and 400°K For both to do equal work, value of T2 will be________________?
516. Carnot cycle efficiency depends upon________________?
A. properties of the medium/substance used
B. condition of engine
C. working condition
D. temperature range of operation
E. effectiveness of insulating material around the engine
517. If a system after undergoing a series of processes, returns to the initial state then__________________?
A. process is thermodynamically in equilibrium
B. process is executed in closed system cycle
C. its entropy will change due to irreversibility
D. sum of heat and work transfer will be zero
E. no work will be done by the system
518. Carnot cycle has maximum efficiency for__________________?
A. reversible engine
B. irreversible engine
C. new engine
D. petrol engine
E. diesel engine
519. First law of thermodynamics___________________?
A. enables to determine change in internal energy of the system
B. does not help to predict whether the system will or not undergo a change
C. does not enable to determine change in entropy
D. provides relationship between heat, work and internal energy
E. all of the above
520. According to first law of thermodynamics_______________________?
A. mass and energy are mutually convertible
B. Carnot engine is most efficient
C. heat and work are mutually convertible
D. mass and light are mutually convertible
E. heat flows from hot substance to cold substance
IF YOU THINK ANY OF THE MCQ ABOVE IS WRONG.
PLEASE COMMENT WITH CORRECT ANSWER AND ITS DETAIL EXPLANATION IN COMMENT BOX.