291. In which case the air-fuel ratio is likely to be maximum _________________?
A. 2-stroke engine
B. 4-stroke petrol engine
C. 4-stroke diesel engine
D. multi-cylinder engine
E. gas turbine
292. Reheating in gas turbine results in___________________?
A. increase of work ratio
B. decrease of thermal efficiency
C. decrease of work ratio
D. both A. and B. above
E. both B. and C. above
293. Work ratio of a gas turbine may be improved by f____________________?
A. decreasing the compression work
B. increasing the compression work
C. increasing the turbine work
D. decreasing the turbine work
E. A. and C. above
294. In the aircraft propellers __________________?
A. the propulsive matter is caused to flow around the propelled body
B. propulsive matter is ejected from within the propelled body
C. its functioning does not depend on presence of air
D. all of the above
E. none of the above
295. Work ratio of a gas turbine plant is ratio of______________________?
A. net work output and work done by turbine
B. net work output and heat supplied
C. work done by turbine and heat supplied
D. work done by turbine and net work output
E. actual/heat drop and isentropic heat drop
296. The main purpose of reheating in gas turbine is to__________________?
A. increase temperature
B. reduce turbine size
C. increase power output
D. increase speed
E. increase pressure ratio
297. Gas turbine cycle with Regenerator __________________?
A. increases thermal efficiency
B. allows high compression ratio
C. decreases heat loss is exhaust
D. allows operation at very high altitudes
E. permits high moisture content fuel to be used
298. Reheating in multistage expansion gas turbine results in____________________?
A. high thermal efficiency
B. reduction in compressor work
C. decrease of heat loss in exhaust
D. maximum work output
E. none of the above
299. Maximum temprature in a gas turbine is of the order of COMPRESSORS, GAS TURBINES AND JET ENGINES______________________?
300. In air breathing jet engine, the jet is formed by expanding__________________?
E. highly heated atmospheric air
IF YOU THINK ANY OF THE MCQ ABOVE IS WRONG.
PLEASE COMMENT WITH CORRECT ANSWER AND ITS DETAIL EXPLANATION IN COMMENT BOX.